In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What Is An Assault Rifle/Carbine ?

USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
also found at:
http://www.firearmstruth.com/

Media Misinformation: Assault Rifles

http://www.firearmstruth.com/2010/media-misinformation-assault-rifles

when anyone calls your firearm an "Assault Weapon", does that anger you ? it certainly does for me, one major manufacturer stated in their add: "***** has created, ...the most reliable, accurate and virtually indestructible ASSAULT RIFLES in the world"

i call this insanity, why in the world would a major gun manufacturer perpetuate the "ASSAULT RIFLE" fallacy ?

Comments

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't get worked up when people call a magazine a clip.

I don't get worked up when people call a gay union a marriage.

I don't get worked up when people call a Retriever a Lab.

I don't even get worked up when people call a hand grip 'tactical'.

Sure, there are some will deliberately call an AR an Assault Rifle to make it sound evil, but for the most part it is simple ignorance and, well, I just don't get worked up about it.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • azpowerwagonazpowerwagon Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would a manufacturer refer to it's product as an "assault rifle"???? Humor for the day, correct?[:D] It's ALL about the MONEY!!!!I keep my "assault rifle" close by M-F and sometimes on weekends I call it a varmint rifle.
    It's just no big deal anymore.
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are not all weapons designed to "Assault" ?
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have any "assault" weapons. All of my weapons are very docile and friendly weapons. My weapons would NEVER ever think of doing anything hostile. I wouldn't want to have a weapon that would think like that.
    [:0]