In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ATF to Require Multiple Sales Reports for Long Gun

gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
The ATF has proposed to require gun dealers to provide directly to the ATF the names, addresses, and serial numbers for every purchase of two or more semi auto, mag fed rifles within a five day period!! They are trying to force this in by January 5th, without any approval from Congress, calling it a needed "emergency" regulation. This is backdoor registration of guns and gunowners.

"The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is moving to require federally licensed firearms retailers to report multiple sales of modern sporting rifles beginning January 5, 2011. Specifically, the ATF requirement calls for firearms retailers to report multiple sales, or other dispositions, of two or more .22 caliber or larger semi-automatic rifles that are capable of accepting a detachable magazine and are purchased by the same individual within five consecutive business days."
It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books

Comments

• quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    60,000 guns found n mexico said to have come from america..

I wonder how many of them were confiscated from non cartel members, who owned them before the civlian ban in mexico. I wonder how many of them were sold to the mexican government by the DOD, or are US Police surplus sent south.

these are answers that have been kept purposefully hidden.

And every time you see guns shown by the ATF, its FN guns, as if they are trying to scare FN out of selling to civilians or they will lose government contracts.

Its all bullcrap, and it will come out sooner or latter.

And lets not forget this is souly a government failure. They are supposed to defend the borders. This isnt a american gun dealer problem, it is a corrupt government problem.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With the new BATF leader get ready for more regulations and changes.

Specially concerning semi auto's.