In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

President Calderon's Comments About American Guns

Peter SuciuPeter Suciu Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
Here is a good one for a laugh. This is the quote from Mexican President Calderon for CBS News:

"The United States is the largest provider of weapons to the criminals in Mexico. I'm talking like 50,000 assault weapons, Air 15s [sic], machine guns, more than 8,000 grenades, almost 10 million bullets, which is amazing figures."

OK, so he means AR-15s right? Good fact checking on CBS News' part. But again, Calerdon blames the USA and says, "machine guns and grenades." I never see either (working anyway) at gun shows. Does he know something I don't?

http://www.firearmstruth.com/2010/cbs-news-“exclusive”-look-inside-mexico’s-drug-war

Comments

• Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Where is Faux news to point out this "liberal" media gaff?
  • Options
    FISHERRIDGESPORTINGFISHERRIDGESPORTING Member Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What an idiot! Here is a thought, lets invade Mexico, shut down the drug pipe line and pillage the counrty, we can use the drug cartels and the lack on the Mexican goverment of doing anything as our just right...Where is "W" when you need him...
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:What an idiot! Here is a thought, lets invade Mexico, shut down the drug pipe line and pillage the counrty, we can use the drug cartels and the lack on the Mexican goverment of doing anything as our just right...Where is "W" when you need him...

You mean the great and mighty "W" who put the southern border on lockdown on 9/12/01?

We don't need that constitution destroying fool!

Ignorance so shocking, you'll do this[:0]

How can "adults" be this easily led to an illogical conclusion????
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    He ain't getting my 10 million bullets.
  • Options
    Stevan1Stevan1 Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    He ain't getting my 10 million bullets.
    Well,if you don't give him your 10 million, I sure won't give him my last 30 rounds.
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    I say we do give them guns and grenades. Lock down the borders and let those animals kill each other off. If they try to come over the border just shoot them as soon as they step on US soil.

I volunteer for border watch and supply my own ammo and weapons.
  • Options
    fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Living a stones throw from the border as I do, not real crazy about the give them the guns and ammo and let them shoot it out.

That being said, I have to agree that a lot of weapons and grenades come from the US, but not necessarily from the private sector. On more than one occasion I have been offered the opportunity to purchase hand grenades that have found their way off of one of the local bases. Recently there was a young marine or two that was nailed trying to take some across the border into mexico.

Know for a fact that some M16's and even machine guns have been "lost" and have shown up in civilian hands over the years. The government is not real great about keeping up with it's armament and they don't impress me as being overly concerned about tracking them down once they disappear.

[8D]
  • Options
    ATO5283ATO5283 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    TO: FISHERRIDGESPORTING, AMEN BROTHER! YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.....GOTTA WONDER WHERE THEY GET THIS TRASH NEWS FROM...........
  • Options
    djh860djh860 Member Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mexico is a failed state. Most children don't even go the school. They lack police control over vast parts of the country. Somehow that always ends up being our fault or problem.
  • Options
    floorguy24floorguy24 Member Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mexican President Calderon can go F himself, and stay the hell out of America.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like most Mexicans he wants our money. Then blames us for his problems...
  • Options
    SOXXIESOXXIE Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A fact that seems to get no real notice ....Mexico is dripping in oil.....all that money goes to the corrupt polititions and the countries elite......you can easily tell the honest mexicans...there the dead ones !!
  • Options
    bullride8bullride8 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Mexico is a failed state. Most children don't even go the school. They lack police control over vast parts of the country. Somehow that always ends up being our fault or problem.

With the drawdown in Iraq and the pending drawdown in Afghanistan, I'd expect the US Army will begin to have MiTTs (Mil Training Teams) and SPTTs (Security Police Training Teams)operating alongside Mexican Army/Police units. Considering that Mexico's security framework is impotent against many of the drug cartels.

There's plenty of information out there from government sources that allude to this. One can form his own opinion based on the goals in the National Security Strategy and the reports of the linkages between the cartels and radical Islamic organizations.
  • Options
    floorguy24floorguy24 Member Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mexican President Calderon can still go F himself, and still stay the hell out of America.