In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

-- Time to use that influence in the House

sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
You want to know whether you make a difference or not?

Consider what YOUR INFLUENCE was able to accomplish in the U.S. Senate.

Last week, the Senate debated whether to allow Barack Obama to appoint political hacks to 170 top government positions -- rather than requiring Senate confirmation, as the Constitution requires.

But before passing the bill, the Senate unanimously passed amendments which would require the most important Presidential appointments to still be approved by the Senate.

This was a huge victory. But do you have any idea why this happened?

It happened because of YOU! It happened because of your calls and emails to your U.S. Senators. It happened because you changed their minds! This is what we have heard from Senate staff on the Hill.

Remember how your emails told Senators that the Assistant Attorney General, Robert Weich, was stonewalling and lying to the congressional oversight committee about the deadly ATF policy known as Fast and Furious?

Remember how your emails told Senators that people like him NEEDED to be approved by the Senate?

Amazingly, the information we suggested that you send to your Senators just hadn't occurred to them previously.

To see how an avalanche of emails changed the debate on Capitol Hill -- and to see what needs to be done in the House -- please go here to read more about it.

Also, please make sure that you forward this alert to your pro-gun family and friends.

http://gunowners.org/a07062011.htm

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    That is good. Just wonder why when questions are posed or suggestions made on various subjects all that one gets back is the typical 'form' letter with a bunch of B.S. - at least from the Dem senator from this state. [xx(]
    Your not alone by any means, the form letter is a tool used by our congressmen and women to make people think they give a damn.

If only half the gun owners would get off their * and take action we could turn back the clock on illegal gun laws that destroy our freedoms and rights.

I find that hand writing letters gets a better response;And the telephone still works to some extent.

Any time a dealer or anyone for that matter takes a license to sell, carry, or have firearms they become an agent of the government.JMO.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sovereignman
    That is good. Just wonder why when questions are posed or suggestions made on various subjects all that one gets back is the typical 'form' letter with a bunch of B.S. - at least from the Dem senator from this state. [xx(]
    Your not alone by any means, the form letter is a tool used by our congressmen and women to make people think they give a damn.

If only half the gun owners would get off their * and take action we could turn back the clock on illegal gun laws that destroy our freedoms and rights.

I find that hand writing letters gets a better response;And the telephone still works to some extent.

Any time a dealer or anyone for that matter takes a license to sell, carry, or have firearms they become an agent of the government.JMO.
    +1 s-man. Those beliefs have been hashed out on these forums for years especially in this forum. Welcome to you.[^]
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well congrats to Wisconsin on their conceal law passage. Now Illinois is the Lone Wolf State and sucking hind teet to try and pass conceal carry law. Oh , I just noticed the sovereignman is from there. You need to send some more letters to your state govt.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1

You know, I actually like and agree with about 95% of what you have posted here. But in order to carry concealed my daughter and I reluctantly got a license from our state of Kansas. Now I know and agree that with not only the US Constitutional 2A, but also with the KS state constitutional bill of rights, peaceful, lawful citizens should NEVER have to ask permission to buy,own or carry guns. But I will continue to be "an agent of the government", at least in your mind, rather than be a "long term guest" of that same government in the crossbar hotel for "illegally" carrying a firearm. If an when our constitutional rights are actually recognized and followed by the government, that is the way I will stay out of jail.

The funny thing is, if and when your state gets concealed carry or when and if you move to a state that already has it, I bet you will also decide to become "an agent of the govenment".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

You know, I actually like and agree with about 95% of what you have posted here. But in order to carry concealed my daughter and I reluctantly got a license from our state of Kansas. Now I know and agree that with not only the US Constitutional 2A, but also with the KS state constitutional bill of rights, peaceful, lawful citizens should NEVER have to ask permission to buy,own or carry guns. But I will continue to be "an agent of the government", at least in your mind, rather than be a "long term guest" of that same government in the crossbar hotel for "illegally" carrying a firearm. If an when our constitutional rights are actually recognized and followed by the government, that is the way I will stay out of jail.

The funny thing is, if and when your state gets concealed carry or when and if you move to a state that already has it, I bet you will also decide to become "an agent of the govenment".
    Not in my lifetime. The Constitution speaks for me I have a backbone and a pair still.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

Look to Vermont and others look at this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_carry

The times they are a changing, when men grow a set.