In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Do You?

J 1357J 1357 Member Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
Go to your local school board meetings and voice your opinions.
Attend common council meetings.
Know who your elected representatives are, from the local level to the state level.
Vote in every election.
Write your Congressman or Senator on issues that are important to you.
Ever call your representatives and speak to them.
Know the first and last names of your neighbors.
If you don't, you have no cause to complain about those that would put more controls on your freedoms.

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Do you use your State's Constitution and the US Constitution as an absolute yardstick to measure the proposals and actions of your local, state and federal governments and to measure the suitability of a candidate for ANY office, whilst you strictly view their advocacy and action against the text of those constitutions?

If not, you are simply another gerbil, gnawing away at the foundations of the Republic and you are an enabler and facilitator of the death of individual liberty.

Even if you do not, you have every right and ability to spout off, regardless of whether you are off base, or not, whether anyone agrees, likes it or not.
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by J 1357

Use to, but I no longer have kids in school. The school district has sunk to such a very low level of mediocrity that it's pretty much pointless anymore. They acknowledge problems but never do anything about it except to ask for more and more money.

No longer, whats the point? They hear what is said but they simply do not "listen" to what is said. One gets tired of canned responses.

Know who your elected representatives are, from the local level to the state level.

Yes I do and they are the same losers that have held office for close to a decade. The public just can't see the trees through the forrests. They do not seem to vote what is best for the community but what is best for their respective party.

Vote in every election.

I have until now. I haven't decided yet but I'm leaning at bycotting the whole thing this time around. Again what would be the point? It's the same mantra spouted by the same losers. They constantly state the obvious knowing that's what the public wants to hear. There's no substance, just glitter.

For what? A common pre-formed response letter that says nothing in the end. They ignore the Constitution at will and are never held accountable for it.

Yes but have never got to speak to one. There's always an aide ready to "fill me in" on matters I didn't even ask about.

Yes I do.

If you don't, you have no cause to complain about those that would put more controls on your freedoms.

I would certainly disagree with that statement. There are constitutional limits at both the state and federal levels. Just because they are constantly violated doesn't make it right. The fact that several prominent politician's admitted that most of what they do violates the constitution is bad enough. The fact that they are never held accountable is disgraceful.
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wifetrained

Use to, but I no longer have kids in school. The school district has sunk to such a very low level of mediocrity that it's pretty much pointless anymore. They acknowledge problems but never do anything about it except to ask for more and more money.

No longer, whats the point? They hear what is said but they simply do not "listen" to what is said. One gets tired of canned responses.

Yes I do and they are the same losers that have held office for close to a decade. The public just can't see the trees through the forrests. They do not seem to vote what is best for the community but what is best for their respective party.

Vote in every election.

I have until now. I haven't decided yet but I'm leaning at bycotting the whole thing this time around. Again what would be the point? It's the same mantra spouted by the same losers. They constantly state the obvious knowing that's what the public wants to hear. There's no substance, just glitter.

For what? A common pre-formed response letter that says nothing in the end. They ignore the Constitution at will and are never held accountable for it.

Yes but have never got to speak to one. There's always an aide ready to "fill me in" on matters I didn't even ask about.

Yes I do.

I would certainly disagree with that statement. There are constitutional limits at both the state and federal levels. Just because they are constantly violated doesn't make it right. The fact that several prominent politician's admitted that most of what they do violates the constitution is bad enough. The fact that they are never held accountable is disgraceful.

Highligted my responses.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Vote in every election.

In regard to living in the real world, much of what you say has the ring of truth. I do many, but not nearly all, of the things you listed. I am too busy working, keeping up the house, too old and tired to do much more. But I do what I can.

But your reasonable comments will not be well received around here. Around here nobodies thoughts are valid unless they agree with the party line. Part of that party line, as exhibited by the lt496 post, involves sitting on your canary * and expecting to get all your constitutional rights handed to you on a silver platter.

Realistic people know life doesn't work that way. I wish it did.