In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Riots and Gun Rights

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
As Americans see more and more violent, criminal and senseless riots, in England and everywhere else, more and more Americans are going to fear for the safety of themselves, their families and their property. This means more and more Americans will decide they need guns for protection, since obviously the government can't always protect citizens.

In states that have generous concealed carry laws, more and more Americans will obtain a concealed carry license. The idea that carrying a firearm for protection will not be limited to only those who actually do it. The concealed carry holder's relatives, neighbors, co-workers, friends, etc. will also, to a degree, be positively effected by this idea about carrying guns.

Over time, we will therefore add millions of people who have a positive attitude about carrying guns. This is a good thing because at some point I believe people will realize that ALL peaceful, lawful citizens should automatically have the right to own and carry firearms without having to ask permission from their government.

I believe if this happens, it will be good for gun rights in general.

Comments

• Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    fox, I don't want to hijack or derail your thread, just want to know when you will answer question and challenge I put forth to you in the lt496 thread?
  • Options
    jaegermisterjaegermister Member Posts: 692 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These recent riots and destruction of private property in England may require them to rethink their gun laws. I like the Rooster Cogburn "True Grit"view, "A rat is a rat"...he shot em.
  • Options
    trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jaegermister

These recent riots and destruction of private property in England may require them to rethink their gun laws. I like the Rooster Cogburn "True Grit"view, "A rat is a rat"...he shot em.

The citizens subjects might rethink it ,but the Government wont .[:(!]
    I am afraid they will face their destruction unarmed .
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buffalobo
    fox, I don't want to hijack or derail your thread, just want to know when you will answer question and challenge I put forth to you in the lt496 thread?

Thanks for being polite about it. When I have interest in doing so, I will visit that thread and probably make comments. As I have told lt496 many times, I only read about 25% of what people post to/about me. I have also told him that what is important to me is that he and his supporters read what I have to say. What they have to say is usually of little interest to me. And boy, do lt496 and his supporters make sure they ALWAYS read what I post. Kinda flatterig really.

Also, I get in, say or respond to what I feel like, and then get the hell out. To hang around inviting a never ending argument makes no sense to me anymore than arguing (not direct at you) with my dog.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:ALL peaceful, lawful citizens should automatically have the right to own and carry firearms without having to ask permission from their government.

That's what "shall not be infringed" means in the 2A.
  • Options
    JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    quote:ALL peaceful, lawful citizens should automatically have the right to own and carry firearms without having to ask permission from their government.

That's what "shall not be infringed" means in the 2A.

Will NEVER understand why some refuse to accept 2A/RKBA which is obviously part of the Constitution yet promote and enforce filth that should rather be destroyed and isn't even listed in the Constitution.