In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

U Got Enemies on Gun Rights Forum

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
Yeah, some of us have enemies in the GB.com gun rights and constitutional law forum. Not everybody of course, but many of us have been often and continually verbally insulted and held in contempt by the radical extremists over there. Most of you don't even seem to notice what low esteem in which you are held in by the radical extremists. I feel it is my job to tell you.

Disclaimer:This of course is a controversial topic that will upset or anger some people who don't like to hear the truth. But I myself believe "truth trumps all." So I will try to be truthful and not exaggerate to extremes. If anyone catches me telling lies or exaggerating to the point of lying, then I of course welcome you to tell me. If that turns out to be the case, then I would also expect the moderators to either lock or delete this topic. I would hope, however, though that this topic not be move to the very GB.com forum where for years radical, extremist gun advocates have been damaging the image of the responsible gun owners to the rest of the world.

So, here we go.

The extremists believe the constitution does not allow ANY GUN CONTROL LAWS AT ALL. One thing this attitude means is that anybody and everybody can buy, own and carry any gun they want anytime anywhere about as easily as buying a newspaper. This of course means that a murderer or rapist who served his 25 years and is now out of prison can stop by Wal-mart and quickly and easily buy a gun and a newspaper. This also means the same for illegal aliens, small children, obviously deranged individuals, and even means that with no gun control laws, loaded guns could actually be sold out of vending machines like newspapers.

Even if this is considered a great idea by ALL gun owners, pushing this agenda will harm gun rights more than help gun rights. This is true even if the US Supreme Court were to rule that all the above is protected by the 2A. The reason being is that to bring about a situation with absolutely no gun control would cause the majority of people in America to become outraged and amend our constitution. It has happened before and it will happen again. And when they are through amending our constitution, who can say for sure that the constitution will not be amended to completely or strictly outlaw all guns? This could happen. That is why it is dangerous to our gun rights for the reasonable and sensible gun owners to let those radical extremists rant and rave here on GB.com. It makes all of us look bad.

Here is why I tell you that you probably have enemies on the gun rights forum.

If you have ever applied for a CCW license, the radicals will chide you for getting on your knees and begging for the state to let you carry your firearm. And frankly I agree that a citizen with a record of being a peaceful, lawful citizen should NOT have to ask government permission to exercise his constitutional 2A right. But until the gun rights activists get rid of such laws, that is the only way we citizens can CCW without getting a criminal record and maybe losing our gun rights. In addittion, for all those radicals that criticize others for "begging for their CCW rights," I bet in most cases those same radicals have been hypocrites and they themselves have gone the process to obtain their own CCW. Hypocrites.

If you are an FFL holder, the radicals call you a licensed government agent who, for profit, has sold out his fellow gun owners. I will admit that years ago, FFL's weren't necessary and if our constitutional rights are ever fully restored they won't be needed again. But in the meantime FFL's are required by law, they serve a needed purpose and most of them don't even make much money. So it is wrong for the radicals to insult FFL holders. In fact, I bet that the radicals are again hypocrites, use FFL holders for transactions, and all the while that FFL is doing his paperwork, that radical quietly sits there like a hypocritcal little mouse and does not tell that FFL how he shouldn't even be allowed to exist because of the constituion.

Now, if the radicals have contempt for the FFL's, exactly how do you think they feel about those of us who cheerfully and willingly do business with FFL holders? I believe you will agree with me that those radical think the customers of FFL holders are traitors to the constitution. I believe they think this even though probably most of the radical themselves do business with FFL's.

If you or someone you know is a Law Enforcement Officer, as compared to a "Peace Officer" (I always thought both their jobs were basically the same) then your LEO is a jack booted thug just itching and waiting to follow the governments command and arrest all gun owners while the Peace Officers are kinder, gentler and only "want to help you." They especially think this if that "respected" Peace Officer is also a member of the "Oath Keepers."

If you are a gunsmith, the radicals will tell you that, under the 2A of the constitution, you have no right to keep records on the names, addresses, gun serial numbers, etc. of guns you work on. You also have no legal right to refuse to modify a gun brought in by a customer in such a way so as to make that gun illegal. IOW, the radicals consider you a traitor to the constitution all the while they come in and use your services.

I don't know how such crazy thinking got started here on GB.com but I can't believe it is continuing.

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:But I myself believe "truth trumps all." So I will try to be truthful and not exaggerate to extremes.That right there pretty much destroys anything you have to say, ever.

One does not have to 'try' to tell the truth, the truth simply is.

One also does not have to 'try' not to exaggerate, whether to an extreme or not.

You are as full of poop as a christmas goose, fox.

Just so you know...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

Yeah, some of us have enemies in the GB.com gun rights and constitutional law forum. Not everybody of course, but many of us have been often and continually verbally insulted and held in contempt by the radical extremists over there. Most of you don't even seem to notice what low esteem in which you are held in by the radical extremists. I feel it is my job to tell you.

Disclaimer:This of course is a controversial topic that will upset or anger some people who don't like to hear the truth. But I myself believe "truth trumps all." So I will try to be truthful and not exaggerate to extremes. If anyone catches me telling lies or exaggerating to the point of lying, then I of course welcome you to tell me. If that turns out to be the case, then I would also expect the moderators to either lock or delete this topic. I would hope, however, though that this topic not be move to the very GB.com forum where for years radical, extremist gun advocates have been damaging the image of the responsible gun owners to the rest of the world.

So, here we go.

The extremists believe the constitution does not allow ANY GUN CONTROL LAWS AT ALL. One thing this attitude means is that anybody and everybody can buy, own and carry any gun they want anytime anywhere about as easily as buying a newspaper. This of course means that a murderer or rapist who served his 25 years and is now out of prison can stop by Wal-mart and quickly and easily buy a gun and a newspaper. This also means the same for illegal aliens, small children, obviously deranged individuals, and even means that with no gun control laws, loaded guns could actually be sold out of vending machines like newspapers.

Even if this is considered a great idea by ALL gun owners, pushing this agenda will harm gun rights more than help gun rights. This is true even if the US Supreme Court were to rule that all the above is protected by the 2A. The reason being is that to bring about a situation with absolutely no gun control would cause the majority of people in America to become outraged and amend our constitution. It has happened before and it will happen again. And when they are through amending our constitution, who can say for sure that the constitution will not be amended to completely or strictly outlaw all guns? This could happen. That is why it is dangerous to our gun rights for the reasonable and sensible gun owners to let those radical extremists rant and rave here on GB.com. It makes all of us look bad.

If you have ever applied for a CCW license, the radicals will chide you for getting on your knees and begging for the state to let you carry your firearm. And frankly I agree that a citizen with a record of being a peaceful, lawful citizen should NOT have to ask government permission to exercise his constitutional 2A right. But until the gun rights activists get rid of such laws, that is the only way we citizens can CCW without getting a criminal record and maybe losing our gun rights. In addittion, for all those radicals that criticize others for "begging for their CCW rights," I bet in most cases those same radicals have been hypocrites and they themselves have gone the process to obtain their own CCW. Hypocrites.

If you are an FFL holder, the radicals call you a licensed government agent who, for profit, has sold out his fellow gun owners. I will admit that years ago, FFL's weren't necessary and if our constitutional rights are ever fully restored they won't be needed again. But in the meantime FFL's are required by law, they serve a needed purpose and most of them don't even make much money. So it is wrong for the radicals to insult FFL holders. In fact, I bet that the radicals are again hypocrites, use FFL holders for transactions, and all the while that FFL is doing his paperwork, that radical quietly sits there like a hypocritcal little mouse and does not tell that FFL how he shouldn't even be allowed to exist because of the constituion.

Now, if the radicals have contempt for the FFL's, exactly how do you think they feel about those of us who cheerfully and willingly do business with FFL holders? I believe you will agree with me that those radical think the customers of FFL holders are traitors to the constitution. I believe they think this even though probably most of the radical themselves do business with FFL's.

If you or someone you know is a Law Enforcement Officer, as compared to a "Peace Officer" (I always thought both their jobs were basically the same) then your LEO is a jack booted thug just itching and waiting to follow the governments command and arrest all gun owners while the Peace Officers are kinder, gentler and only "want to help you." They especially think this if that "respected" Peace Officer is also a member of the "Oath Keepers."

If you are a gunsmith, the radicals will tell you that, under the 2A of the constitution, you have no right to keep records on the names, addresses, gun serial numbers, etc. of guns you work on. You also have no legal right to refuse to modify a gun brought in by a customer in such a way so as to make that gun illegal. IOW, the radicals consider you a traitor to the constitution all the while they come in and use your services.

I don't know how such crazy thinking got started here on GB.com but I can't believe it is continuing.

Just saving this post of yours as a quote, since you have a habit of slinking back and changing such posts.[;)]
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not an extremist but tr I belive you just do not get it when it comes to the 2A. The 2nd is clear as the day to me what it means. With regard to the criminal getting a gun after getting out of prison, a criminal shouldn't be let out to begin with if his/her crime is that heinous. If a person has spent their full term and are deemed well enough to be on the street then yes their rights should be restored. For some few hundred years folks COULD go buy firearms without the benefit of NICS, 4473's, the ATF, DROS fees for states that have those, CCW permits, the various Gun Control acts of 1934, 1968 and the Reagan ban.

No background check or age limitations will stop a deranged individual--PERIOD. If someone is bent on obtaining a weapon to kill 1 or 100 people they will find a way.

If you wish to call me a hypocrite for having a carry permit that is fine--I have big shoulders. I have it because I am responsible for my own safety--not the police. Having that and filling out the 4473 is the law of the land at the moment if I decide I want a new firearm and until that is changed that is what one does. Several states have no permit system and of course AZ now does not require it. It took a long time to get to the place we are with gun controls--it isn't going to happen overnight to reverse them. Until these goofy gun control laws are repealed I will keep fighting to have them removed.

While a nice try-no guns will ever be sold out of vending machines--hell you can't even find cigarette machines anymore. As far as a gunsmith not having a legal right to refuse to work on a gun to make it illegal that again is just nonsense. A gunsmith can work on or refuse to work on whatever they damn well please. YOU want to make your gun something illegal then YOU do it yourself.

We just have different views on what the 2nd Amendment means.
  • Options
    swampgutswampgut Member Posts: 5,555
    edited November -1
    Calling US Constitutionalists extremists?

Sounds like a Redcoat to me.[;)]

Why do you kiss the ring tr fox?

Is it because you have calculated in your sheepling brain that the NWO will win?

Sheeplings have a nasty little habit of following whoever is in charge even if it's a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Careful, nobody respects a ring-kissing sheep.

These "extremists" you speak are not to be feared.

It's your masters who will spell your demise.
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

So, here we go.

TR.jpg
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    tr fox wrote -

"The extremists believe the constitution does not allow ANY GUN CONTROL LAWS AT ALL. One thing this attitude means is that anybody and everybody can buy, own and carry any gun they want anytime anywhere about as easily as buying a newspaper. This of course means that a murderer or rapist who served his 25 years and is now out of prison can stop by Wal-mart and quickly and easily buy a gun and a newspaper. This also means the same for illegal aliens, small children, obviously deranged individuals, and even means that with no gun control laws, loaded guns could actually be sold out of vending machines like newspapers."

that right there is part of the problem.

Before widespread gun control laws, this wouldn't be a problem, since the murderers and rapists would have been speedily executed.

The same bleeding heart do gooders that softened the criminal codes also pushed for and got expanded gun contol.

as for illegal aliens, that's a joke, the FEDGOV approved the sale of guns to be used by illegals in "Fast & Furious".

And deranged individuals?

The Virgina Tech and Arizona shooters both passed the NICS.

Why?

The do-gooders destroyed the stste mental hosiptal system, so whackjobs like that cnn and do walk the street, but it
    very hard to get them committed. And, no one wants to report them for fear of legal action.

Sorry fox, gun control has and alyways will fail...unless you are an Adolf Hilter or Josef Stalin.

It worked great for them.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am way to ADD to read all this. Forums were simpler in a time when all thoughts were kept to 3 sentences or less. I am partially Public School educated so please dumb this stuff down for me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    I am way to ADD to read all this. Forums were simpler in a time when all thoughts were kept to 3 sentences or less. I am partially Public School educated so please dumb this stuff down for me.

Ok, in a nutshell...

tr fox & NRA good

Gun Rights & CA types bad

Got it?[;)]
  • Options
    Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    "I don't know how such crazy thinking got started here on GB.com but I can't believe it is continuing."

Someone DO SOMETHING!!! THIS IS DIRE![:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about a lock since this thread was intended to start an argument?