In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NJ gun law

woodchuckjohnwoodchuckjohn Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
Today I picked up two permits to purchase a pistol at Manchester Twp police headquarters. Several months back, when our new chief of police addressed the men's club at Renaissance Community, he stated a new clerk was handling purchase permits and it would be no longer than two months wait for a permit, in the face of the NJ law which states permits shall be issued in thirty days. Well on 23 May 2011 I submitted my paperwork for two permits, the receipt for which I have. I called twice inquiring about my permits, perhaps there is a problem. I received all the excuses from Hurricane Irene, to the tsunami to it's all George Bush's fault. Fifteen weeks, four days short of four months. I think that is a disgrace, harassment or down right disobedience of the law. That's the life of a sportsman in the People's Republic of New Jersey.

Comments

• Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodchuckjohn
    Today I picked up two permits to purchase a pistol at Manchester Twp police headquarters. Several months back, when our new chief of police addressed the men's club at Renaissance Community, he stated a new clerk was handling purchase permits and it would be no longer than two months wait for a permit, in the face of the NJ law which states permits shall be issued in thirty days. Well on 23 May 2011 I submitted my paperwork for two permits, the receipt for which I have. I called twice inquiring about my permits, perhaps there is a problem. I received all the excuses from Hurricane Irene, to the tsunami to it's all George Bush's fault. Fifteen weeks, four days short of four months. I think that is a disgrace, harassment or down right disobedience of the law. That's the life of a sportsman in the People's Republic of New Jersey.

i guess the 2nd Amendment is dead!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is in NJ. Don't even think about a carry permit here.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I wonder when people in New Jersey will say,"I have had enough."

Maybe a law suit --Contact the 2nd amendment foundation.See what they say. let us know.

Change only comes through civil disobedience it seems.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If I felt a need to carry, I would do so, like so many others in N.J.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    The crime rate in Jersey speaks for itself. Criminals from the top down there.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I sent a copy of my letter to the governor and also contacted the Second Amendment Foundation. I am on a mission now.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    I sent a copy of my letter to the governor and also contacted the Second Amendment Foundation. I am on a mission now.
    don't they outlaw hollow point bullets there as well?
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    don't they outlaw hollow point bullets there as well?

You beat me to it!!![;)] Each HP is a separate felony charge there! These laws are why MANY people I came to know while in CO had moved out of NJ. Civil disobedience only works if:
    1. It is organized with MANY supporters, both active and inactive.
    2. It is not violent.
    3. You have a legal team waiting in the wings who will take the case/cause pro bono.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Start a petition to recall the Sheriff...that might make him move a little faster.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sandwarrior
    Start a petition to recall the Sheriff...that might make him move a little faster.

The sheriff is not the problem. It is the state laws, which the current governor supports![V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hollow points are a mirage. The bullets are sold in stores, but don't get caught with a gun loaded with HP's. OK to use in competition or hunting.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau

The sheriff is not the problem. It is the state laws, which Kristy supports![V]

Who is Kristy?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation's oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 650,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control. In addition to the landmark McDonald v. Chicago Supreme Court Case, SAF has previously funded successful firearms-related suits against the cities of Los Angeles; New Haven, CT; New Orleans; Chicago and San Francisco on behalf of American gun owners, a lawsuit against the cities suing gun makers and numerous amicus briefs holding the Second Amendment as an individual right.

Support them ,They do much more than sit on their hands, they act for a good just cause. freedom.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau

The sheriff is not the problem. It is the state laws, which Kristy supports![V]

Who is Kristy?

I fixed it![:)] See above.