In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Make a difference,Join.

sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation's oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 650,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control. In addition to the landmark McDonald v. Chicago Supreme Court Case, SAF has previously funded successful firearms-related suits against the cities of Los Angeles; New Haven, CT; New Orleans; Chicago and San Francisco on behalf of American gun owners, a lawsuit against the cities suing gun makers and numerous amicus briefs holding the Second Amendment as an individual right.

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sovereignman:

1. They are just too small.

2. They do not have the ear of Congress.

3. They are too radical to attract the average gun owner.

4. They focus too much on the individual right codified in the 2nd and too little on getting guns into the hands of people today.

SAF does great work nation-wide in exposing the truth of the 2nd Amendment and the lie of 'Gun Rights'. I became a Defenders Club member for that very reason, have no regrets, and am encouraged to see significant growth in membership over the past few years.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many cases has the NRA jumped into AFTER the SAF filed them?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    How many cases has the NRA jumped into AFTER the SAF filed them?

Good question,I dont know the answer but its quite a few is suspect, and if every one felt that SAF were to small, we would get no where. The SAF at least is out front leading the fight, not afraid to file lawsuits and take on the anti gun lobby.

I am tired of peoples negativity, instead of no we can't they need to start saying yes we can, like the SAF,GOA and others.

The problem with the NRA they pick and choose and make backdoor deals, this is not what American gun owners need at this time.JMO.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=535660
    They have my support. So does GOA. and a couple others in state.