In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Here's what 'natural born citizen' means

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
Constitutional expert: Here's what 'natural born citizen' means
Those who wonder about Obama need to watch this explanation

"'Natural born citizen' in relation to the office of president, and whether someone is eligible, was in the Constitution from the very beginning," he said. "Another way of putting it: There is a law of the nature of citizenship. If you are a natural born citizen, you are a citizen according to the law of nature, not according to any positive statement in a Constitution or in a statute, but because of the very nature of your birth and the very nature of nations."

If you "go back and look at what the law of nature would be or would require . that's precisely what a natural born citizen is .. is one who is born to a father and mother each of whom is a citizen of the U.S. or whatever other country..."

"Now what we've learned from the Hawaii birth certificate is that Mr. Obama's father was not a citizen of the United States. His mother was, but he doesn't qualify as a natural born citizen for the office of president."

Read more: Constitutional expert: Here's what 'natural born citizen' means http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=375625#ixzz1hJ0sWJgJ
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this matters not when he can ignore the CONSTITUTION with impunity blessed by the citizens/voters apathy
  • Options
    krazy4kragskrazy4krags Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Howdy all,
    Just to add to the mix, I am sure you are all aware of this, but it bears mentioning in the face of arguments against...The 14th Amendment's citizenship clause refers to anyone born in the USA and subject to the laws of the nation as a citizen.

That last part is important. If you are born here, that is one thing, but if you are not a subject of the laws of our nation (in other words you are not a willing and law abiding participant in our nation) then your birth alone does not give you rights to plunder our resources, our land, and our freedoms. This, unfortunately, has never been defined in a Supreme Court case that I am aware of, though it would help in clarifying the status of millions of illegals and their anchor baby attachments to the US.

Best Regards,
    Hutch
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by krazy4krags
    Howdy all,
    Just to add to the mix, I am sure you are all aware of this, but it bears mentioning in the face of arguments against...The 14th Amendment's citizenship clause refers to anyone born in the USA and subject to the laws of the nation as a citizen.

That last part is important. If you are born here, that is one thing, but if you are not a subject of the laws of our nation (in other words you are not a willing and law abiding participant in our nation) then your birth alone does not give you rights to plunder our resources, our land, and our freedoms. This, unfortunately, has never been defined in a Supreme Court case that I am aware of, though it would help in clarifying the status of millions of illegals and their anchor baby attachments to the US.

Best Regards,
    Hutch
    Arguments against what? You're confusing terms and issues with your post.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain