In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Oregonians! SB1594

NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
The following is from an e-mail that I recieved from GOA concerning Oregon Senate Bill 1594. This bill is an effort to ban firearms from schools in Oregon. The idiots just don't get it...

Gun Owners of America

Sneak Attack by Senate President;
Courtney Rams Through "Gun Free Zones" Bill

Things are going from bad to worse in the Oregon legislature.

Two gun bills moved out of a Senate committee on Tuesday. The first was originally legislation to protect the privacy of concealed handgun license (CHL) records. That bill passed only after it was weakened by anti-gun Judiciary Chairman Sen. Floyd Prozanski.

Senate President Peter Courtney then rammed through another bill banning guns on school property. Courtney introduced the bill a day after the shooting at an Ohio school, which also occurred, of course, in a "gun free zone."

The Courtney bill will turn you into a criminal if you use a firearm to protect yourself or others at a school, even if you possess a valid CHL.

If Courtney and his antigun Senate colleagues were serious about protecting children, they would repeal laws that prohibit law-abiding adults from carrying firearms on school grounds.

Instead, Courtney and his cronies are increasing restrictions on gun owners. And his bill even applies to colleges and universities, meaning adult students will also be forced into "criminal safe zones."

Not only is the language of this bill outrageous, but it also resulted from a despicable process. The bill, SB 1594, came up on Tuesday and was rammed through committee with NO opportunity for public input. And it will come to the floor as early as Wednesday or Thursday.

So your IMMEDIATE action is required. Please contact your Senator right away and urge him or her to vote NO on SB 1594.

Comments

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    The [}:)] no minders have been brain washed into believing you do not have the right or ability to defend yourself.

You are supposed to call law enforcement and wait while you are serverely injured and/or killed until they get there.
    [xx(]

well they can take that stupid idea and stick it! I so frickin' tired of these nanny state libs...[:(!] I live on the east side of the state which tends to run very conservative. The west side is where most of the population is, and also all of the looney left. I really wish Eastern Oregon would secede from the rest of the state.
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    The [}:)] no minders have been brain washed into believing you do not have the right or ability to defend yourself.

You are supposed to call law enforcement and wait while you are serverely injured and/or killed until they get there.
    [xx(]

well they can take that stupid idea and stick it! I so frickin' tired of these nanny state libs...[:(!] I live on the east side of the state which tends to run very conservative. The west side is where most of the population is, and also all of the looney left. I really wish Eastern Oregon would secede from the rest of the state.
    Get a group together and make the calls, visit the offices, action now is better than bullets later.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, the bill was defeated, but not by much!
    The vote was 15-14. That was close...
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    Well, the bill was defeated, but not by much!
    The vote was 15-14. That was close...

Thanks for the update.