In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun Confiscation Question

diver1diver1 Member Posts: 502 ✭✭
Not trying to start trouble, but when can the Goverment ( Police ) come on your property and take your legal guns. We seem to be having quite a few disasters around the country lately and it seems likley that I could be faced with this issue in the future. With the PA thread locked I wanted to ask this question. We live on a small farm at the edge of a small town in NC. We have a couple of cows and a horse left on the property. If we were asked to leave, the animals would be forced to fend for themselves which there is plently of grass but the water is electricly supplied. I remember from Katrina a story that the police removed a ladies guns and that her property was then over run by local hoods. So if a similar situation happened and I was sitting on my porach with a shotgun when my neighbors stopped by would I be in violation of the law or just protecting my property. Thanks

Comments

  • minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    SSS! [;)]


    Allen
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    If we were asked to leave,

    Just say "No'. In Alabama, you don't have to leave your property even if it's a mandatory evacuation (like a hurricane). Tell the deputy your next-of-kin and stay.
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    diver1
    quote:We seem to be having quite a few disasters around the country lately and it seems likley that I could be faced with this issue in the future.

    Really? How in the world do you figure that?

    How many times has the property where you speak of been hit with a dissasster of the magnitude you speak of in the last 50 or so years?

    The US is 350+ million sq/miles with a population of 350+ million people, what are the odds.

    The answer is no, regardless.

    The confluence of a LONGTIME politically corrupt, incompetent City/State Government...corrupt, poorly trained PD & an Historically destructive storm led to the ignoring of the Constitution in New Orleans after the storm...[;)]
  • diver1diver1 Member Posts: 502 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Respectfully it only takes one.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by COLT
    diver1
    quote:We seem to be having quite a few disasters around the country lately and it seems likley that I could be faced with this issue in the future.

    Really? How in the world do you figure that?

    How many times has the property where you speak of been hit with a dissasster of the magnitude you speak of in the last 50 or so years?

    The US is 350+ million sq/miles with a population of 350+ million people, what are the odds.

    The answer is no, regardless.

    The confluence of a LONGTIME politically corrupt, incompetent City/State Government...corrupt, poorly trained PD & an Historically destructive storm led to the ignoring of the Constitution in New Orleans after the storm...[;)]


    Gee, I thought there was some fed-involvement along with that local/state effort. Cops from all around the nation, as well as military/NG were deployed and participated in gun confiscations, curfews, checkpoints and the like.

    Were they mysteriously zombified by the corrupt local/state government and somehow mesmerized into ignoring the Constitution, too?
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,710 ******
    edited November -1
    There is no such thing as a "mandatory" evacuation in Texas. The official call it that, but what it means is, if you don't leave, you will be on your own, without utilities, and without any sort of assistance. Lots of folks ride out hurricanes and other disasters. It's their right. All we, as the police, can do is make sure they are making an informed choice.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    There is no such thing as a "mandatory" evacuation in Texas. The official call it that, but what it means is, if you don't leave, you will be on your own, without utilities, and without any sort of assistance. Lots of folks ride out hurricanes and other disasters. It's their right. All we, as the police, can do is make sure they are making an informed choice.



    Does the federal government have the authority to order a "mandatory" evacuation?


    Not per se, but if martial law is declared, yes.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    There is no such thing as a "mandatory" evacuation in Texas. The official call it that, but what it means is, if you don't leave, you will be on your own, without utilities, and without any sort of assistance. Lots of folks ride out hurricanes and other disasters. It's their right. All we, as the police, can do is make sure they are making an informed choice.



    Does the federal government have the authority to order a "mandatory" evacuation?


    Not per se, but if martial law is declared, yes.
    Where does one find the 'authority' in the Constitution, for 'Martial Law'?

    If it is not authorized by the Constitution, where all fed-gov duties, responsibilities and authorities derive, where then is the legitimacy and the 'authority' for such a usurpation?

    It follows then, that if such an illegitimate government action were taken or imposed, that it would be incumbent upon the people and the states to resist it, by any means necessary and to nullify it in its force and its effect.

    There is no constitutional or lawful authority to declare 'Martial Law' over the civilian populous or in any sovereign state.
Sign In or Register to comment.