In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NDAA

sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
Producer Tyrel Ventura, suggested that the NDAA isn't really about fighting terrorism but rather it's to control the populace, in the event of rebellion, possibly related to food or water shortages, or other crises. We live in a corporate dictatorship, and many of these companies have connections to the Defense Dept. and it's in their interests to have a lockdown society, he added. Trends analyst Gerald Celente declared that fascism has come to the US. He believes the NDAA has been put into place because there's going to be "economic martial law," and "bank holidays" which will cause rioting in the streets. Greece will eventually fall and others will go the same path.

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reference
    NDAA = National Defense Authorization Act. (Edit) Signed into law by our current president.

This Act came under scrutiny lately, because one of the things it did was, that it allowed for
    indefinite detention for suspected terrorists.

I had to shake my head.

Bush signed the John Warner Defense Authorization Act into law on October 17th, 2006. It allowed for......SURPRISE....

Bush also signed the Military Commissions Act into law that same day (night). Along with signing the UNpatriot Act into law.

And there are those that still believe that one party is somehow different than the other. [V]

In answer to your OP sovereignman, anyone that DOESN'T think these were passed to control the populace, well....the future will tell.

They just made what the Nazi's did.......LEGAL.
  • Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another step on the path...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Reference
    NDAA = National Defense Authorization Act. (Edit) Signed into law by our current president.

This Act came under scrutiny lately, because one of the things it did was, that it allowed for

I had to shake my head.

Bush signed the John Warner Defense Authorization Act into law on October 17th, 2006. It allowed for......SURPRISE....

Bush also signed the Military Commissions Act into law that same day (night). Along with signing the UNpatriot Act into law.

And there are those that still believe that one party is somehow different than the other. [V]

In answer to your OP sovereignman, anyone that DOESN'T think these were passed to control the populace, well....the future will tell.

They just made what the Nazi's did.......LEGAL.
    I have seem these scumbags and their chipping away at American values for years now, we citizens have allowed foreigners and dual loyalists as well as others to enter our seats of power and law and slowly make change and remove the American dream of individuality and freedom. They have replaced these ideals with the new American dream, one which will eventually destroy America if not stopped sooner than later. I'm glad I won't live long enough to see the total fall of America, the last 50 years have shown me that the next 50 will be hell if we do not wake up and put a stop to this fall from freedom.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    when the final freedom is squashed i doubt that anyone will notice as they will have no clue what was removed from their lives....as currently evident
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    when the final freedom is squashed i doubt that anyone will notice as they will have no clue what was removed from their lives....as currently evident
    For many that will be a true statement.[:(]
  • Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Sort of like putting the lobster in a pot of cold water and then bring to a boil. I personally don't remember the lost freedom to buy guns mail order without having to go thru a FFL holder. My children don't remember being able to purchase a gun without a background check. Slow erosion of freedom with each step considered by the majority to not be worth a fight.
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These Acts are the knee jerk reactions of some very stupid people. On both sides of the house. Bush had to look like he was doing something proactive so he signed it. But what these brain trusts don't understand is that with good intentions aside, you can bet what was passed for our "safety" will used for our control and containment.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 45long
    These Acts are the knee jerk reactions of some very stupid people. On both sides of the house. Bush had to look like he was doing something proactive so he signed it. But what these brain trusts don't understand is that with good intentions aside, you can bet what was passed for our "safety" will used for our control and containment.

The National Defense Authorization Act is the Greatest Threat to Civil Liberties Americans Face.So much for innocent until proven guilty. So much for limited government. What Americans are now facing is quite literally the end of the line. We will either uphold the freedoms baked into our Constitutional Republic, or we will scrap the entire project in the name of security as we wage, endlessly, this futile, costly, and ultimately self-defeating War on Terror.
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BGHillbilly

Sort of like putting the lobster in a pot of cold water and then bring to a boil. I personally don't remember the lost freedom to buy guns mail order without having to go thru a FFL holder. My children don't remember being able to purchase a gun without a background check. Slow erosion of freedom with each step considered by the majority to not be worth a fight.

Incrementalism works. I remember buying pistols and long guns mail-order, which always arrived by Railway Express. The system had been used ever since there were rails, but was caused to disappear from the entire country, mostly by using only two fall guys. It would be pointless to ask Congress or the NRA 'how' that happened. They were both players, to greater or lesser degree, in getting it done.