In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

If Ron Paul Wins the Presidency

2»

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,475 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    I think is is interesting to note that the progressives refer to Paul supporters as their, the progressives, 'useful idiots'!![;)]

It would be interesting if true.

Progressive talk radio focuses much more upon the idiocy of Romney, Santorum and Gingrich; and abject ignorance of their supporters. Even progressives get it right once in a while.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Most of the people I know who have expressed dislike or distrust of Congressman Paul's message,when pressed to define why, demonstrate a fundamental misunderstanding of what his message really is. Usually they are not able to progress past the most often misinterpreted sound bites, such as Jim's insistence that Paul doesn't believe he can win or mixing terms like isolationism for non-intervention in displays of willful ignorance. The good news is that it is very hard to maintain unfounded and flawed opinions in the face of consistent verifiable proof to the contrary. Slowly people seem to be catching on.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    Slowly people seem to be catching on.
    But not quick enough. The media will not let that happen. [:(!]
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Slowly people seem to be catching on.
    But not quick enough. The media will not let that happen. [:(!]

To be fair to the media people I believe carrying water for the establishment is part of their mission statement these days.[:(!][V]
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look paulers, herres the thing. Paul was dead in the water before he even got started. There is no way he could ever get elected. And if he somehow did, there would be little he could to get rid of all the things he wants to get of. The least of reasons is that all these other un-constitutional programs employ millions of people. Given our economy now, it would be a disaster. Talk about the great depression. Nobody would even know what that was after the great closing of all of those Governmental Departments.
  • Options
    Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    Most of the people I know who have expressed dislike or distrust of Congressman Paul's message,when pressed to define why, demonstrate a fundamental misunderstanding of what his message really is. Usually they are not able to progress past the most often misinterpreted sound bites, such as Jim's insistence that Paul doesn't believe he can win or mixing terms like isolationism for non-intervention in displays of willful ignorance. The good news is that it is very hard to maintain unfounded and flawed opinions in the face of consistent verifiable proof to the contrary. Slowly people seem to be catching on.

Not a big shock, sadly. If you pressed them most couldn't tell you anything about any of the candidates other than what party they're in and what the media feeds them.
  • Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by steve45
    Do you believe he will null and void all gun laws. His stock answer to similar questions is to let each state decide. Would that mean that "assault style weapons" would still be illegal in California? What do you think?
    Paul thinks that the power to decide should be in the hands of the state and the people.this is the true Constitutional way.
  • Options
    Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    I would like you to step up and tell me what about 'his advocacy', not about 'the man', that you find crazy, extreme, or nutty, please.

What about it, Jim?
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Charles Johnson
    I would like you to step up and tell me what about 'his advocacy', not about 'the man', that you find crazy, extreme, or nutty, please.

What about it, Jim?

Just like the plague, CJ, just like the plague.

Wonder why?