In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, c'mon. The 2nd only refers to keeping and bearing. It says nothing about buying.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    fumbazfumbaz Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Oh, c'mon. The 2nd only refers to keeping and bearing. It says nothing about buying.

Good point. So basically, ATF then is just not creative enough in their ways to abolish the 2nd - they should go after commerce. I'll get it to them ASAP!
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On a serious note, does this effect only handguns, or does PA also demand a background check on long guns?

Unless I'm mistaken, there is no such structure in my state. When buying through an FFL, the only call is to the NICS. There is a State form for handguns, (which is why I rarely buy them outside of gunshows) but I believe, other than FFL records, there is nothing within the State concerning long guns.

Methinks that rather getting up in arms about a delay in the infringement, the ruckus should continually be raised about the infringement itself.

EDIT: From the OP Link:

It appears that PA gun owners are already doing it to an extent.

"Since the last time this happened in 2007, Pennsylvania gun owners have been pushing for an end to the PICS system," Gottlieb noted. "It is time to put the State Police out of the background check business, and turn over this important job to the NICS system operated by the FBI. They do their upgrades faster, and they deal with the entire country."

Gottlieb kind of surprises me here.

The words 'this important job' are out of character (or at least should be) for the nation's premier 2nd Amendment Organization.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    fumbazfumbaz Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    PA is pretty messed up in general. Even CA doesn't have such a system.
  • Options
    llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh just wait until obammy steals the election then hide yourselves if you have ever looked at any gun at wallyworld. Then all the cctv film collected by the Chinese Army for obama in order to finally get all of our noisy stuff. They can't get my black powder cannon. Wallyworld doesn't sell FFFg. 18" barrel and 1" bore, tech school project. I have never shot any projectile yet but it makes a big noise. It has a location on top of the highest point in our county, and has been heard over 8 miles away. It is made of 01 tool steel I am told that it will stand up to very high pressures. I will not go there until the math is done for me. I am told it will fire a gerble over 1/2 mile. No use telling the ASPCA to be effective they need to be frozen.............................................
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    And at the bottom line, the Second Amendment in PA just became dependent on the availability of electrical power to the State Police. Had Ben Franklin ever dreamed that, he would have thrown his kite away.
  • Options
    the middlethe middle Member Posts: 3,089
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    On a serious note, does this effect only handguns, or does PA also demand a background check on long guns?

Unless I'm mistaken, there is no such structure in my state. When buying through an FFL, the only call is to the NICS. There is a State form for handguns, (which is why I rarely buy them outside of gunshows) but I believe, other than FFL records, there is nothing within the State concerning long guns.

Methinks that rather getting up in arms about a delay in the infringement, the ruckus should continually be raised about the infringement itself.

EDIT: From the OP Link:

It appears that PA gun owners are already doing it to an extent.

"Since the last time this happened in 2007, Pennsylvania gun owners have been pushing for an end to the PICS system," Gottlieb noted. "It is time to put the State Police out of the background check business, and turn over this important job to the NICS system operated by the FBI. They do their upgrades faster, and they deal with the entire country."

Gottlieb kind of surprises me here.

The words 'this important job' are out of character (or at least should be) for the nation's premier 2nd Amendment Organization.

Yes, if you buy a long gun from a dealer, you have to pass a background check. Private sale for a long gun....no check needed.

PA also has handgun registrtion. which sucks. Its against our "commonwealth" consistiton, but they have it any way.....with the PA state police. Long guns do not.