In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Do Not Talk To The Police!

JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
While this has probably been listed many times before it is necessary to keep showing this so people will understand that it is not to your benefit to talk to the police and that this should be a sticky (if the moderators would do so) as the important information contained in the video link could save you from being wrongly arrested, prosecuted or incarcerated.
Reason being have witnessed too many times people just arbitrarily talking to the police thinking that they will somehow exonerate themselves, help the police(huh!) or help another person accused of something(that's not going to happen)!?
Keep in mind that when the police show up its not to help you, your family, friend or neighbor etc, it is to more often than not make an arrest of whomever they 'think' is the 'guilty' party and to get an indictment whether they are wrong or possibly perhaps even right, just something to think about anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Regards

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    Been posted many times, but it is sound advice.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Been posted many times, but it is sound advice.

I thought so and yes it is very sound advice and could mean the difference between freedom and incarceration and should be a sticky, just so people see it when they come to this part of the forum.

Regards
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    Actually 'arrest' is the final option. I strive to settle things with out getting the 'legal' system involved. So if everyone follows this advice it would lead to more arrests, not less!!!!!!
    Now if you are 'involved' in a 'defence' shooting I do advise you to be very careful and if you do not feel comfortable discussing it with the investigating officer, tell him/her so and simply state you want to talk to your attorney before you make any statements, the decision is yours and yours alone!!!!
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree completely with Jim. The Police ARE there to help you IF you have are the victim of a crime. But if you are involved in a self defence shooting, say very very little. You are probably in shock. Confused. Before questioning gets to deep, ask for your lawyer. Asking for one does not make you guilty. It makes you smart. I have read several self defense shooting stories locally, and they have all been good shoots. No arrests made. Except for the bad guy of course if he's still breathing. But not the home owner. Now. If your stupid enough to tell the police that you shot this guy because he was trying to steal your drugs, well then yeah. Your probably going to jail.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    There is nothing you can say that is going to be used for your case, so shut up and don't say anything. The cops are NOT there to help you, generally speaking. I know there are some good cops that frequent these forums but you folks are the rare egg, and you KNOW this to be true.

Arrest is not the end of the world IN THE US, but having a conviction entered against you accompanied by a long sentence because of things you said to the cops is pretty close to it.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not with some of the gestapo police departments here in the united states which has one the highest incarceration levels in the world yet tells of all of the freedoms and rights.

Regards
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Juggernaut
    Not with some of the gestapo police departments here in the united states which has one the highest incarceration levels in the world yet tells of all of the freedoms and rights.

Regards
    Do you have any facts or examples to share with us???
    I for one would like to see what you are referencing![?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau

Regards

Library, internet, gov databases, global correction records, etc.....
    Any actual leo or co should be aware of this being its not hidden or anything and just another embarrassment for the united states.

Regards
  • Options
    edited November -1

Regards

I say again, do you have any facts or example to share with us???[?]
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Regards

We're No. 1!

We're No. 1!

We're No. 1!

140% better than even Russia.

I cannot believe anyone remotely related to the Law Enforcement profession could be ignorant of this disgusting fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_incarceration_rate
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Regards

I say again, do you have any facts or example to share with us???

We're No. 1!

We're No. 1!

We're No. 1!

140% better than even Russia.

I cannot believe anyone remotely related to the Law Enforcement profession could be ignorant of this disgusting fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_incarceration_rate

Hi Don,

Yeah one would think, as stated any actual leo or co should be aware of this being its not hidden or anything and just another embarrassment for the united states.

Regards
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just as I thought, no facts to back up the babble, just more insults!!![;)]
    Just what I expected!!![8D]
    You and your savior, Obama, are just alike!!![^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You say that no one answered your little troll remarks yet both Don and I answered you and provided information but apparently your lazy and didn't bother; although I don't know why considering that your just yet another internet bs bravado expert and trouble making little troll, with delusions of grandeur.

You state that you were insulted however there is no evidence of this and then you try a pathetic attempt at slinging insults and shoot yourself and at 2 of the most pro-Constitution individuals on here.

Your kind are all alike kind of like the ones that claim to be everything such as: (navy seal-ninja-sniper-swat-super cop-bravado-bs expert), whatever etc [roll eyes] unfortunately there are alot of them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYr81lOv74A

Regards