In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NRA list of anti-gun corporations and individuals

zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
Forgive me if this thread has been posted.
[:D]

Once, an anti-gun, very liberal person explained to me that "When it comes down to it, the only direct vote we have is our dollars." He said he makes an effort to never give his dollars to companies or individuals who are in opposition to his beliefs.

Even though I was likely on his list of those not to support, it made a lot of sense to me. I've made an effort to do the same.

If you haven't looked at some of the NRA's sites, there are aids for those who try to live as I do. Below is a list of anti-gun companies from the NRA fact book. I'm posting in an effort to help you should you chose a path like min

National Organizations With Anti-Gun Policies

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15

Comments

• Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    American Firearms Assosiation?????? WTH

Well after browsing that list i will need to turn every utilitly i have OFF. Sell all of the motor vehicles because the gas i put in them is bought from 3 of the 4 oil comapnies listed. cancel my health insurance, and hope someone except BCBS will take me. burn all of my "Levi" clothing and run about naked while drinking corn whiskey.

Dammit they are everywhere

i will post pics [:D]
  • Options
    BarkingDogBarkingDog Member Posts: 841 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alot of Jewish groups on that list.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Odawgp,

Someone correct me if this is a faulty memory but I seem to remember that this organization was a wolf-in-sheep's-clothing type of group. On the surface they appeared to be pro-gun but when you read he fine print, they were definitely anti-gun. Subtle subterfuge. They were tricky!

Best.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice how a few of the celebrities make their living by portraying roles actively involved with firearms.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    RaupleminzeRaupleminze Member Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you scroll down they show anti-gun actors and actress', many of whom are famous for roles they had as gun toting characters.......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Raupleminze
    If you scroll down they show anti-gun actors and actress', many of whom are famous for roles they had as gun toting characters.......

ahem.

Kidding, my post was 11 seconds before yours.

[:)]
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't see AT&T on that list. I remember some years ago they gave about $400,000 to some anti- organization like the brady campaign or whatever. I don't know what more they've done, but they are anti gun.

hhmm,, a list of pro-gun people/businesses would be just as helpful.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Richard Donner - Director

?? he's pretty much a mentor to Mel Gibson. he directed the Lethal Weapon movies. (and 3 episodes of gilligan's island)
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    I didn't see AT&T on that list.

didnt sprint buy out AT&T if so they where on the list.[}:)]
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BarkingDog

And your point is????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thought Cingular bought out AT&T????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    looked it up, SBC bought ATT.
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ... and they call themselves "AMERICANS" [:(!]
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Raupleminze

I agree! Its sad that they create fear in the eyes of the public in some cases with the violence of the programs which also works against the second amendment in this country.

We all should push for the elimination of violence on TV and Movies to cut their income down a bit!!
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    The NRA is selective in who it labels anti-gun. Do some research on political candidates who have received A or A+ ratings from The NRA and some who have received lower scores. Review their stances on Amendment II and try to figure it out. All that will happen is you will get pissed off.

Not saying that everything the NRA does is bad. There is some good information to be had from them.

Boiled down to the basics, The NRA basically looks at Amendment II as granting hunters and target shooters some rights to have firearms, under limited conditions and with strict government control.

Simply view the organization with your eyes open and no false illusions.
  • Options
    BarkingDogBarkingDog Member Posts: 841 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost1958
    quote:Originally posted by BarkingDog

And your point is????

my point is there are alot of jewish groups on that list. and your question is ?
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, at least Hal Holbrook on the list of actors "knows his limitations" - from Magnum Force.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    ebay and paypal are missing, as well as most of silicon valley corporations.
  • Options
    PennyPincherPennyPincher Member Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cubslover
    I thought Cingular bought out AT&T????

ATT bought Cingular
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I'm sure the NRA is on this list as well, right?
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    if that is the case quit giving money to the govn. cause they are against you/guns too[:(!]