In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Milwaukee Gun Shop hates NRA/ but ban assualt guns

M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
Check this out! What a dork!![:(!][:(!]

Hates the NRA, but agrees with an assault weapons ban!

A gun shop owner that wants gun control! *!!!

http://m.jsonline.com/more/news/milwaukee/188293181.htm

Comments

• Options
    Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    Another one that doesn't get it! But he will in the long run.
  • Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just another useful idiot.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    427cobra289427cobra289 Member Posts: 762 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't agree with everything in the article but I don't think the OP is presenting it properly. [?] Am I missing something?

From the article:

-"Nugent talks expansively about guns and gun control, about why he has no use for the National Rifle Association or liberals, and why the issue comes down to personal responsibility."

-""What bothers me about the president and everybody else is they don't want to look at the root of the problems," Nugent said. "They want to go after the gun. What about the video games? You don't hear about the violence on TV or in the movies.""

-"Walk through Nugent's store and you're likely to find dozens of military-style assault weapons for sale, many costing thousands of dollars. Gun opponents say the weapons are designed for one use only: high-impact killings, such as the massacre in Newtown, Conn.

Nugent doesn't see it that way."

-"Nugent said he could live with a law banning military-style assault weapons.

"I would be OK with that," he said. "I'm willing to take the trade-off if it would do any good. But the problem is it doesn't do any good.""
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 427cobra289
    I don't agree with everything in the article but I don't think the OP is presenting it properly. [?] Am I missing something?

From the article:

-"Nugent talks expansively about guns and gun control, about why he has no use for the National Rifle Association or liberals, and why the issue comes down to personal responsibility."

-""What bothers me about the president and everybody else is they don't want to look at the root of the problems," Nugent said. "They want to go after the gun. What about the video games? You don't hear about the violence on TV or in the movies.""

-"Walk through Nugent's store and you're likely to find dozens of military-style assault weapons for sale, many costing thousands of dollars. Gun opponents say the weapons are designed for one use only: high-impact killings, such as the massacre in Newtown, Conn.

Nugent doesn't see it that way."

-"Nugent said he could live with a law banning military-style assault weapons.

"I would be OK with that," he said. "I'm willing to take the trade-off if it would do any good. But the problem is it doesn't do any good.""

I think you're right. The guy is misrepresented in this thread and in the original article.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He don't care because universal background checks will put more money in his pockets.
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    Nugent said:

"he could live with a law banning military-style assault weapons".

Not me.

Then Nugent said:

"I would be OK with that," he said. "I'm willing to take the trade-off if it would do any good. But the problem is it doesn't do any good."

I know it would not do any good. I am not willing to trade off or accept any legislation banning any firearms.

That is my problem with Nugent.