In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M-1 clips(en-bloc) NY SAFE ACT OF 2013

4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭
I have read this law three times and these are my observations.Please let me know if I am mistaken.The en-bloc clip is not a detachable magazine!It could be called a feeding device.If clips were manufactured over 50 years ago(lots of luck here)like the Garand they are C&R.If you want to pawn them off on another state,you have one year to do it.All new purchases of these clips are illegal in NY State.You can only load 7 rounds in clips you already have(this gets a little tricky).If you lock and load,you now have 7 rounds in the magazine/receiver and one in the chamber.Interesting,right?By the way I have 5 round en-bloc clips that are legal for hunting should I ever desire.Have not seen any 7 round clips,have you? Just the tip of the iceberg. For instance,my heirs must provide form with manufactures and serial numbers to Surrogate Court and NY State Criminal Justice System.This is not the legacy I want to leave my son and grandson.Registration from the grave to the cradle,just in case the state missed something in my lifetime.This law is a Declaration of War on New York gun owners and the ideals of our founding fathers.If you are in law enforcement or the National Guard you took a oath to uphold the U.S.Constitution and protect us from all enemies,foreign and domestic.You are morally,ethically and constitutionaly required to stand down if and when orders come to disarm NY State Citizens.I turned 70 two days ago and have never broken the law.I am not ashamed to say that I am an Endowmet Member of the NRA and a native son of Virginia.I am ashamed to say that I am a resident of New York State

Moved to the Gun Rights Forum

Comments

• Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would hope every NY gun owners moved from the state and adds their strength to other pro gun states so they can remain pro gun.

Gun rights will be lost in a matter of time as the Federal Government continues to move in immigrants and make them legal and then citizens.

Gun owners only chance at staying armed is to concentrate their numbers in a few pro gun states. Texas, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, AZ. AND SOME OF THE Southern states.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Waco Waltz,If you go to www.thecommentator.com you can watch a video of a New York Democrat pleading with a Republican not to share a document proposing confiscation!I happen to believe like you that moving may be my only option.My wife won't leave my eight year old grandson and I can not win this one.I am heartbroken over this.
  • Options
    Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stay in New York and boycott! The enblocks have to be registered! Think about it these laws are not enforceable and they know it, boycott!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK one more time.After this I WILL NOT COMPROMISE OR COMPLY WITH ANY NEW GUN LAWS.Just had conversation with three New York State Troopers.They all view eight round en-bloc clip as feeding device that is a legal C&R if in your possession and over 50+ years."Starting April 15,2013 it is illegal to load eight rounds unless at an incorporated firing range or competion recognized by the Nation Rifle Association or International Handgun Metalic Silhouette Association in which case the limit is ten", per www.governor.ny.gov/2013 frequently asked questions. However, I can't find this statement in 2013 law. Everyone pretty much agrees you no longer have eight rounds in the mag/receiver if you do a lock and load.Clear as mud,right? I can not speak for New York State Police but my gut feeling tells me they are not happy with New York Safe Act.
  • Options
    isyourassonfireisyourassonfire Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You New Yorkers need to start a legal and letter campaign against these new laws and against politicians that pass them. The tide is in favor of gun owners since the Journal News debacle. There are many groups out there to help including the NRA.

Good luck and Get going!

No Gov. Cuomo it does not take 10 rounds to kill a deer but it might take more to stop a home invasion to protect my family or to kill a Zombie. At least we know now the gov will NEVER be President.
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 4205raymond
    Waco Waltz,If you go to www.thecommentator.com you can watch a video of a New York Democrat pleading with a Republican not to share a document proposing confiscation!I happen to believe like you that moving may be my only option.My wife won't leave my eight year old grandson and I can not win this one.I am heartbroken over this.

Someone should engineer an operation gun saving plan where by NY gun owners place their guns with out of state gun owners so they can keep owning them rather then sell or register.

I keep my guns in another state then I live in and would be happy to host guns from another owner. And no I would not steel or sell them. The only issue might be theft so insurance might be needed. Mine are in the country side, mom or pop, or the nephew are almost always home. Pretty secure environment.
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    The rank-and-file New York Police - the State, County, and Municipal including small-town Cops and Constables, are being put right in the middle of this, a nightmare which they never aspired to.

Chasing M1 Garand clips? [xx(]

Well, what better way for azzhat Legislators to alienate their own Police forces.
  • Options
    chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It upsets me terribly to see our citizens rights impinged like they have been in New York. Why should good law abiding people have to feel like they need to move from their homes to another state ?
    Montana is still gun friendly, but even in this last election serious inroads were made by anti-gun groups posing as coalitions of 'sportsmen'. NO gun owner can be allowed the luxury of relaxing their diligence in ANY state.

New York, our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Please read my 'Montana-microcosm of US politics' in the Political forum
    Regards, Chris