In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Today's Senate Hearing

Saleenfan28Saleenfan28 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
Thank You (R) Lindsey Graham! I find it ironic that the South, it seems is fighting for our gun rights. Who wants to be a Yankee?

Comments

• Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There was a lot of good said by those against the proposed legislation; unfortunately, no one is listening to facts, and no one in the Senate cares about factual accuracy. Its time for the NRA to put LaPierre out to pasture- he always sounds like he is whining, and always seems annoyed. THe other pro witnesses I thought were very good. Koppel was spot on with his "legal" interpretations, sighting "Heller" often to dismiss the proposed legislation as unconstitutional. He held himself up quite well when DICK Durbin ignored facts and continually lied in his questioning. The gal was also very good, explaining the need for ARs in defense situations, particularly for women.
    That Maryland police guy had absolutely no problems lying, spewing incorrect information, and ignoring logic, law, and statistics. I thought the other antis were well intentioned, but ignorant, but the police guy had no problem lying to further a gun grabbing agenda.
  • Options
    dustinfoxdustinfox Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya, that police guy is a statist worm. And Dick Durbin made me want to vomit. After LaPierre explained to him the main reason that the founders created the second amendment, he turned to the worm policeman and said "See... You heard it! They want to use those weapons on you!"
  • Options
    dustinfoxdustinfox Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz
    Yankee scum!

Hey...
    <---- Yankee scum here [B)]
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dustinfox
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz
    Yankee scum!

Hey...
    <---- Yankee scum here [B)]

Yeah....same here. Talk about being divisive.[xx(]
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Saleenfan28
    Thank You (R) Lindsey Graham! I find it ironic that the South, it seems is fighting for our gun rights. Who wants to be a Yankee?

Ironic?

The south lost their war of independence in large part because the Federal Government, via a blockade, denied the fledgling Republic the ability to arm itself properly.

No irony, simply a proper historical perspective regarding armed resistance against tyranny.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well it's always the yankees!
  • Options
    Saleenfan28Saleenfan28 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOL! Yankee Scum! There was a winner and a loser! It changed the Country forever.