In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Felons to maybe get guns.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,421 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by competentone
    I don't think there should be any restrictions on firearm ownership against convicted felons released back into society.

But then, I don't believe most people who are convicted of violent crimes should be "released back into society" in any condition where they'd be able commit crimes again.

"One strike and you're out for life, or executed," is my policy for dealing with violent criminals.

If you're too dangerous to be allowed to own a firearm, you're too dangerous to be released back into society.

BINGO!!!
  • Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    quote:I think that some folks should get a chance at redemption.

i knew a kid in Kommiefornia my best friends son, about 35 years ago who was deeeeeeeeep into the drug trade, he spent several years in prison from 1978-98 an in and out sort of thing, he claimed/admitted to my son that he killed a couple of "Hell's Angels" to free himself from a drug bill and possible hit on himself. he also admitted to my son he "put down" some others for not paying up, he turned himself in for a drug deal, got convicted spent 3 years in prison to let the "heat" cool down on the murders, all his convictions were for drugs, and/or brandishing a weapon, in Kommiefornia a drug conviction was for 5 to 15 years, with good conduct it could be reduced to a few months or a year or two. his longest stretch was 3 1/2 yrs.

that is his background.

today he is the supervisor of a large landscaping company in S. Kommiefornia, married with three kids, is a "Little League" coach with the kids goes to church, serves on the local school board and has not gotten in any trouble, not even a parking ticket. he is now what some may call the epitome of a model citizen..., should he be allowed to own a gun [?]?[?]?
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by USN_Airdale

i knew a kid in Kommiefornia my best friends son, about 35 years ago who was deeeeeeeeep into the drug trade, he spent several years in prison from 1978-98 an in and out sort of thing, he claimed/admitted to my son that he killed a couple of "Hell's Angels" to free himself from a drug bill and possible hit on himself. he also admitted to my son he "put down" some others for not paying up, he turned himself in for a drug deal, got convicted spent 3 years in prison to let the "heat" cool down on the murders, all his convictions were for drugs, and/or brandishing a weapon, in Kommiefornia a drug conviction was for 5 to 15 years, with good conduct it could be reduced to a few months or a year or two. his longest stretch was 3 1/2 yrs.

that is his background.

today he is the supervisor of a large landscaping company in S. Kommiefornia, married with three kids, is a "Little League" coach with the kids goes to church, serves on the local school board and has not gotten in any trouble, not even a parking ticket. he is now what some may call the epitome of a model citizen..., should he be allowed to own a gun [?]?[?]?

If this story was true he would not be walking around. He would be dead. U don't just kill a couple of HA boys and not have problems from it. In fact, you should be careful what you post about them. You might receive a visit from them wanting to know who this guy is. Or you might receive a visit possibly by the cops.

I am syre you are just posting what you were told but still I call BS on the murder of 2 HA boys.
  • Options
    Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by USN_Airdale

that is his background.

Ah, NO!

Would you like to try another one?
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could some one please point me to the part of the Constitution that says a felony gets your rights taken away? And why just some parts? The gun maybe, if you did a violent crime, but the not voting? Could some one explaine that part?

Not being stupid I just dont remember that part.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't see it either.
    But the FED's use:

Question 11.b. - 11.l. Definition of Prohibited Person: Generally, 18
    U.S.C. ? 922 prohibits the shipment, transportation, receipt, or possession in
    or affecting interstate commerce of a firearm by one who: has been convicted
    of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence; has been convicted of a felony,
    or any other crime, punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year

on the 4473 to stop the sale of a gun thru licensed dealers, FFL.
    I wonder how there can be a FEDERAL crime that is not all ready under a STATE jurisdiction, other than perhaps treason, tax violation or perjury.

But voting is a State issue, unless the State wants to insure that only legal ballots are cast.
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tax evasion is non-violent felony. Unless your a democrat then it isn't even a crime. But be that as it may, I have no problem with non-violent felons owning guns.