In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Law of Unintended Consequences

Steve02c5Steve02c5 Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
This is one of my favorite "laws" so I googled Law of Unintended Consequences and Gun Control. Personally, I enjoy philosophical what-ifs, and thought some members may enjoy these, For those who don't enjoy this type reading, please disregard:

In 1996, John Ross penned what has become a classic story of what might happen when the federal government oversteps its bounds and clamps down too hard on guns in the hands of law-abiding Americans. So chilling is the story, so graphic in its descriptions of how some Americans might fight back, that Mr. Ross and his wife were hounded and intimidated by federal authorities.

Yet the title of his novel speaks loudly about what the gun-grabbers can expect when they legislate from emotion rather than fact. There, in Unintended Consequences, many of them lost their fictional lives. Here, in real-life America, we have magnets that draw armed lunatics into schools, malls, and other venues where guns are banned.

So we need more gun laws! We need to reinstitute the assault weapons ban!

Let's recall.

In 1994, Congress implemented a so-called "assault weapons" ban...

cont'd.:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/12/the_unintended_consequences_of_gun_control.html

Another link of interest:

Gun Control & Unintended Consequences
By RandyWakeman | Posted February 11, 2013 | Plainfield, Illinois

Americans are quite rightly distrustful of their government, for the promise of Congress that the "intent of the law is not to place any undue or unnecessary burdens on law-abiding citizens" is now a faded memory. The gun industry itself has committed several horrible missteps, missteps that were driven in part by the notion that entire industry was on the brink of ruin. The label "assault weapon" has been uncommonly effective. Assault is of course a crime, so relabeling random collections of small arms as "Crime Weapons" again and again has worked. Propaganda terms can be effective, if yelled loud enough and long enough, just like plastic guns, cop-killer bullets, Saturday Night Specials: all as mythical and as fantasy-based as our bloody search for the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" in the sand that weren't there.

Crime is a very closely studied topic, hardly an unknown or obscure topic. What we know from the decade long "Assault Weapons Ban" is that it had no discernible affect on violent crime. We know that it was a huge waste of time and money. Canada found out...

cont'd:
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-925289

Comments

• cat66hatcat66hat Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    'Unintended Consequences' is such a famous and awesome book that used copies run over $100 apiece (it is out of print) for the 800-page book.

That being said, the real issue is that the NWO Gestapo are betting that you and I will continue to sit on the couch as long as nobody comes knocking on OUR door. Of course, by then it will be too late.

Take a look at the JPFO and Oath Keepers, if you haven't already. Everyone else seems to be asleep.

Terry
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who that these consequences are unintended??
  • Steve02c5Steve02c5 Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 45long
    Who that these consequences are unintended??

The Author of the book. [:D]

Seriously, I understand your question, but I don't believe our Politicians are smart enough to see that many moves ahead; rather, they await a crisis, for which a think-tank has already written a script on how to best take advantage of a given crisis as a means to a political end. My .02