In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

When the Grab Begins

45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
I have read any number of posts on here about the big gun gun grab. And while I too am concerned, I have a sneaking suspision that it will be with stealth rather than a pounding on the door. We have the vision of the Nazi's going door to door with lists in hand demanding you turn over your weapons. However. I think it will most likely be something much aggresive.

For example. They pass the bans. No grandfather clause. They have your information already when you bought your gun from a registered dealer. They take that information and circulated to your local PD. They can tell them anything they like to get cooperation. Possible terror suspect is likely. They pull you over for a traffic stop. They execute a warrent and arrest you. In the mean time, another unit is at your house with another warrent. They then seize any and all firearms they find. No fuss little if any armed resistance. It is done regularly with warrents issued for gang bangers and other violent felons. One unit makes the stop, the other collects the "evidence" while your in custody.

Not saying it will happen that way, but what if it does? How do you fight that?

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    That is exactly how I have been saying it would go down for years on this forum.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That might happen maybe 2 or 3 times. Then the "word" will get out and there will be blood on door steps and the streets.

Not going to happen the way you think.

I think if it does happen, it will be with Chineese Contractors because they have no emotional ties and will shoot us all !
    Abort Cuomo
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chinese contractors?? Really ?
  • cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    So Cranky, You actually believe that? That is so far out there that I can not imagine that ever happening. That isn't even a good movie script. They couldn't keep something like a secret. The idea would be to keep blood shed to an absolute minimum for as long as possible. Would word spread in my the scene I suggested> Sure it would. But if it was done everyday at once, they damage would be tremendous before anyone knew what happened.

After the first week, then maybe things would start to get messy. But until then they would be like a theif in the night.
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    People who talk to cops say the cops are saying thy won't take part in confiscation but will retire. I don't see how they can simply retire when they will be coming for their guns too.
    edited November -1
    Waco, The ones I work with will never take part in a gun confiscation. While I don't buy the Chinese contractors theory. I think that after my first scenario happens, I am some what concerned with the possibility of UN troops coming in to "help" control an uprising of the people.
    edited November -1
    Look for yourself and research how far up and powerful Obama is in the United Nations. His first step is to get the guns out of the hands of the American people. He has a bigger plan than just President of the U.S.

He wants to be KING OF EARTH
    Abort Cuomo
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 45long
    Waco, The ones I work with will never take part in a gun confiscation. While I don't buy the Chinese contractors theory. I think that after my first scenario happens, I am some what concerned with the possibility of UN troops coming in to "help" control an uprising of the people.

Well I had a thought today that was sort of dark. It seems to me any confiscation won't happen till after the crash of the dollar. I wonder how many cops will be able to refuse when it will mean their family may go hungry. Something to think about.

And again they may refuse to take part but then they need to understand they will be getting the same knock at the door as the rest of us.

And it won't be house to house it will be neighborhood by neighborhood, cordon and search.
    edited November -1
    That will be a great way for the gov't to reduce the population
    Abort Cuomo
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I recall reading here sometime back that when California instituted their asualt weapons ban years ago they were all supposed to be turned in. They had already been registered and no one has gone after them yet. Am I remembering this correctly?
  • COBmmcmssCOBmmcmss Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You recall correctly but there's a matter of a pesky 2nd Amendment to BOTH the California Constitution and the U.S. Constitution. You cal also remember back when then mayor Feinstein tried to ban guns in San Francisco. The California Supreme Court broke it off in her posterior.

Just because they haven't done it yet, are you proposing they never will? That's a bet I am not willing to make.

In addition to the above, did you know California (using their registration list) has now started confiscation? They are comparing their list with the names of people who have been institutionalized against their will (suicide watch, etc.) then going to their residence and collecting any firearms they (or anyone else in the home) have in the home.

Little has been made of it because as we all know any people with any mental health problems should not have a gun. [:p].

Keynote to this is the fact they are using a registration list to confiscate when compared with mental health reports.

Albeit voluntary and no warrant THIS time, the question you must ask is: what about the next time the government believes they need to relieve you of your weapon? Say a time like... the L.A. Riots?... the next earthquake?... the next big fire?... How about if the government just doesn't like what you put on your blog, and decides you are a risk to the status quo?

What are YOU going to risk?

COB
  • lykum357lykum357 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dunno that's not fair. my friend shot himself/murdered? anyway I got involuntarily commited for 14 days for bereavement had to goto court and everything to get my certificate of restoration does that make me insane? I think not, besides, not one hacker convention gets shot up but elementary schools are war zones? Shove it!
  • lykum357lykum357 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    not you shove it, the context of the subject btw