In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shoe on the other foot

harkbrokeharkbroke Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
Many of you probably heard as I did that today some gal in I think Georgia was going for a walk and pushing her 14 month old baby in a stroller down the sidewalk.
She was approached by what appeared to be a 14 or 15 year old boy and a younger five or six year old boy.
The older boy pulled a pistol and told the lady to give him her money and when she insisted a few times that she did not have any he proceeded to shoot and wound her and then shot her baby in the head as it lay in the stroller.
The two boys ran off down the street and a search is now being made to find the boys.

The point of my story is that Americans everywhere are just devestated that something like this happened and feel absolutely terrible for the poor mother.
However, had the lady been packing a 9MM in her jacket pocket and ended up blowing the older boy away our upside down wack job society today would be ready to crucify her AND her gun on the spot.

Harkbroke

Comments

• Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    First thing that came to my mind. People are derelict if they do not realize the streets we live in are no longer safe. If you are a woman pushing a kid in a stroller you need to be armed.

Guy I was in a band with who's now a die hard gun rights guy told me he explained to a liberal lady he knows that if someone got into his house and hurt his kids and he was powerless to do anything about it, he could never forgive himself.

And now this lady is wearing those shoes. I feel for her big time! It's too bad the kids will be let of easy, and they WILL be caught. They should be proven guilty beyond a doubt and executed post haste.
  • Options
    tjbaron67tjbaron67 Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Law abiding citizens should be REQUIRED to attend training and carry a firearm AT ALL TIMES. Then they should be held LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE if the y are present during a violent attack occurs and they do not defend the innocent. The LEFT pushes HARD. Its time to PUSH BACK at least AS HARD or HARDER! All we need is a political party - clearly, we do not currently have such.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tjbaron67
    Law abiding citizens should be REQUIRED to attend training and carry a firearm AT ALL TIMES. Then they should be held LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE if the y are present during a violent attack occurs and they do not defend the innocent.

This will only happen when the folks that do this are viewed as heros by society and the legal system.
    Several years ago a shopper leaving a mall gunned down a would-be robber and carjacker in the parking lot and since there were no witnesses involved the shooter got in his car and drove home leaving the perp laying in the parking lot. The body was found later by another shopper.
    The law went public asking people to come forward that may have known anything about the incident and the shooter contacted the law annonomously via mail and explained what had happened and told the law he was not coming forward because it meant that by the time the legal system got finished with him he would be financilly broke paying off attorneys stating he refused to become financilly devestated for being a victim. As far as I know the man never did go forward and can't say that I blame him when the legal system and society would make him out to be worse than the creep in the parking lot.
    Until this attitude changes that everyone that owns a gun is some kind of nut, I can see folks reluctance to get involved.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a race war of sorts brewing in this country.

It will only end when those that are currently suffering disproportionately are given the benefit of the doubt that they are not racist provocateurs. Historic oppression has led to hate crimes legislation and hyper-sensitivity promoted by media and race-baiters that has distorted the relationship between races and the law.

The story cited above is an example of what is sadly the standard racial crime scenario.

The Zimmerman case is an example of what can happen if a one in a non-protected race defends himself.

If justice does not become color-blind, and if protected races do not cease and desist taking advantage of their protected status, the streets will, sooner rather than later, truly run red with their blood. There frankly is no other option if we are to retain some semblance of a civil society.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    There is a race war of sorts brewing in this country.

It will only end when those that are currently suffering disproportionately are given the benefit of the doubt that they are not racist provocateurs. Historic oppression has led to hate crimes legislation and hyper-sensitivity promoted by media and race-baiters that has distorted the relationship between races and the law.

The story cited above is an example of what is sadly the standard racial crime scenario.

The Zimmerman case is an example of what can happen if a one in a non-protected race defends himself.

If justice does not become color-blind, and if protected races do not cease and desist taking advantage of their protected status, the streets will, sooner rather than later, truly run red with their blood. There frankly is no other option if we are to retain some semblance of a civil society.

Well put Don!