In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the link....

quote:A growing number of firearm and firearm-related companies have stated they will no longer sell items to states, counties, cities and municipalities that restrict their citizens' rights to own them.

According to The Police Loophole, 34 companies have joined in publicly stating that governments who seek to restrict 2nd Amendment rights will themselves be restricted from purchasing the items they seek to limit or ban.

[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,372 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

[:D][:D][:D][:D]
    Oh yeah!![^]
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This interesting. But I would take it more to heart if say Glock, S&W, Rock River, Colt, or any of the companies that are popular with Law Enforcement took that stand. Those mentioned in the article I personally have never heard of. What part of thier revenue is derived from sales to police or governemnt agencies? Are they affiliated with any of the companies I mentioned? If not, then it is a symbolic stand with no real teeth.
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wilson is a very big name in custom guns. But they don't provide a lot of firearms to the governemnt. Again. S&W, Glock, Colt, H&K, Bushmaster, Rock River. They are the ones that have MAJOR government and LEO contracts. I'm not saying that Wilson doesn't have some LEO contracts, but they still aren't a major supplier.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what about foreign companies or maybe American companies who cannot stand the taxes and epa rules wsameve abroad then sell back to the US ??????