In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

De-centralized firearm registration

torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
Presentlt we already have partial defacto firearm registration. It is not a centralized system most think about.

In the states that require all firearm sales to go through an ffl there is a registration of all firearms. It is the 4473 and the bound book the dealers are required to keep.

Once they get UBC passed and they will if the dems hold the senate. They will already have a decentralized universal registration in place.

Comments

• Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess they aim to eventually have a civil war of sorts then.
  • EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny how the anti gun folks want to start a fight with people who are armed, yet they plan on having some other people fight for them, after all guns are scarey.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1
    Once UBC is passed then it will be easier to pass weapon bans. People will accept it as the next step in stopping gun violence.

Yes a lot of local LEO's have said they will not enforce unconstitutional laws. It's not them or the regular Army or Reserves we need to watch out for.

If there is even a grain of truth in thr internet roumors of DHS traing troops, or the ammo being bought by the SSA and IRS. It will be federal officers of one ilk or another doing enforcement.
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't be surprised if the ATF agents started scannig them during annual checks. They have relatively small scanners now.
  • FreudianSlippersFreudianSlippers Member Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should be writing to your Congressmen to oppose the "universal background checks." On its face, the idea of requiring gun buyers to submit to background checks sounds reasonable to a lot of people, and it probably seems like the most innocuous of the proposed gun control provisions.

They don't simply realize that banning private sales is a de facto registration of firearms. If this legislation passes, within one generation, the government will possess records of virtually all lawful firearm transactions.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FreudianSlippers
    You should be writing to your Congressmen to oppose the "universal background checks." On its face, the idea of requiring gun buyers to submit to background checks sounds reasonable to a lot of people, and it probably seems like the most innocuous of the proposed gun control provisions.

They don't simply realize that banning private sales is a de facto registration of firearms. If this legislation passes, within one generation, the government will possess records of virtually all lawful firearm transactions.

I have written so many times, I talked personally with some of them during their campaigns last year.
    I actually have a US congressman send me an email stating he was in favor of UBC. When I replied that criminals don't follow the law, no reponse from him.
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

Actually, can anyone cite ONE LAW that has actually prevented a crime from ever being committed?

Just ONE please. [?]

Yes I can. The law which requires a mandatory 25 to life for pedophiles![;)]
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Actually, can anyone cite ONE LAW that has actually prevented a crime from ever being committed?

Just ONE please. [?]

Absent laws, does crime exist?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    Yes, crimes againgst nature, and I don't mean the bunnies.
    Crimes against what is the natural law of order. The right to speak my mind and defend myself.
    edited November -1
    What happens between two consenting adults I really don't care, wheter they are same sex or different race.
    I agree yelling fire when there is none is not prtected. But to call me a racist, samephobe or anything else due to differing political views. I'm not saying you specificly are, but the libs have a tendency to do, is restricting my free speech.

I keep reading the 27 words and 4 punctuation marks in the second ammendment, I still don't see where the feds have the right to restrict my right to self defense.

I'm also adult and smart enough to know, that force used in in self defense should be in porportion to the threat.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Just ONE please. [?]

Absent laws, does crime exist?

Well, if it's NOT illegal ... how can it be a crime?

This is the point.

Congress passes laws that makes criminal something that is and should not be criminal and thus creates a crime that in truth does not exist.

Therefore, absent a law, no crime exists.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele