In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Why is everyone saying assault weapons

JESJES Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
parts are illegal to sell in maryland. To all the sellers, you have the right to sell to whom you want. there is NOTHING in the law that says anything about assault weapon parts. Please do not continue to hop on a bandwagon with no maestro. The selling of parts is not illegal. dealers were also advised last night that we can use any method to take a hi cap mag and make it hold only ten rounds for sale to the public. I am a 01,07/02 dealer/manufacturer. We will continue to be able to buy and sell any weapon out of state,Even here on GB! We can also sell to LE, military, government in state. i can continue to make assault weapons if I want for sale. I can back that up with documentation to anyone that wants it.

Everyone is comparing MD to California where you are not allowed to fart in public.

I only ask that if you are COMPELLED to say assault weapons parts are illegal to sell in MD in your ad's, until you can show it to me in the law or regulations please don't continue to spread rumors that bear no truth

Thank You

Comments

• Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That was a pretty decent rant.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I only used it because it is the language used in Maryland Government Law. you are right. There is no such thing as an "assault Weapon"
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    Why, because we have allowed the progressives to control the narrative![V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, we have allowed the government to tell us to shut the F up. Even at the hearings opponents to the bill were allowed to speak for a few seconds and the legislators walked out of the chamber while we did so. If that ain't the new america I don't know what is
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JES
    No, we have allowed the government to tell us to shut the F up. Even at the hearings opponents to the bill were allowed to speak for a few seconds and the legislators walked out of the chamber while we did so. If that ain't the new america I don't know what is

You mean YES, because the government is controlled by the progressives. They are one in the same. Wake up, smell the crap!!![V]
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    That was a pretty decent rant.[8D]

Yes, But I take offense at calling any weapon an "assault" weapon.

Personally, even in the military, I NEVER say a single weapon 'assault' anyone. They are an inanimate object incapable of any movement without human intervention.

[8D]

EDIT TO ADD: The term "assault weapon" was initiated by the firearm abolitionists to present those of low mental capability and liberal idiots with a negative image of firearms...IMHO.
    I think the Germans might take issue with your edit.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    cat66hatcat66hat Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's all about controlling the dialogue. That's the progressives bright idea and it seems to work. Choose a scary or demeaning label for something/someone you don't like and keep using it until the public parrots it back. Then anytime a patriot wants to talk about the issue or person, they are forced to use the progressives' term and they are behind in the argument before they start.

Refuse to use their words. Don't explain their terms for them. Every time you repeat their terms, you help them.

After a recent gun violence episode, even Bill O'Reiley tried adopting a new term. He used the term 'heavy weapons' to describe the AK-47 in a rant against gun ownership. He shut up about it after he got a storm of protest for his stupidity, but that's how this stuff happens.

Terry