In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

State Gun Seizure Laws Are Coming!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
I doubt the Supreme Court will knock these laws down on a Second Amendment Rights Appeal and allow the police to confiscate them!

serf

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/06/states-look-to-gun-seizure-law-after-mass-killings/

Connecticut's law allows judges to order guns temporarily seized after police present evidence that a person is a danger to themselves or others. A court hearing must be held within 14 days to determine whether to return the guns or authorize the state to hold them for up to a year.

The 1999 law, the first of its kind in the U.S., was in response to the 1998 killings of four managers at the Connecticut Lottery headquarters by a disgruntled employee with a history of psychiatric problems.

Comments

• woodchuckjohnwoodchuckjohn Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe there will be blood in the streets if confiscation becomes a reality. Mine will be the first shed. Shotgun with 7 round mag, AR-15, Colt 1911. I doubt any military commander would order his men against the populace. Rather order them to save the people and save the country .
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodchuckjohn
    I doubt any military commander would order his men against the populace.
    I wouldn't bet the farm on that.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just like that kid who left his child in the car in the sunto kill him,the authorities found that he and his wife both did word searches on this topic before the fact!

With that being said if you can be tracked via internet and make a terrorist threat then the police will run in and take your weapons under some form of surveillance plan approved by the authorities & soon I bet!

serf