In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Yorkers.....SAFE Act

guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
We do have people working to repeal it. Yes, we are fighting an uphill battle, but we knew that.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/local/2015/01/08/new-york-safe-act-republicans-gun-law/21468129/

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,381 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I wish you folks the best, it's getting bad everywhere. I always have to laugh when people on here bash you guys(NY)or CA, and offer up that they live in a "gun friendly state", or a state that "belives in the second amendment". No such place exists. Then they point out how easy it is to get the coveted "ccw PERMIT" in their state, as that somehow makes them grounded in the second amendment, or gun friendly.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are still a lot of New Yorkers asleep. Not sure if they ever will wake up !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HPD: Not having to pay to exercise a natural right would be the perfect solution. I know exactly what you mean.

nyforester: I hope you're not right, but I still hear people about the gun friendly Republicans they are sending to Albany. They forget that there were Dems and Reps that voted for the SAFE Act.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    edited November -1
    NYC has a lot of folks living there that you will need to convert. Most of them are happy they can't buy a large soft drink. You think they're going to convert on the gun issue?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    NYC has a lot of folks living there that you will need to convert. Most of them are happy they can't buy a large soft drink. You think they're going to convert on the gun issue?

I know this, but I have been known to tilt at windmills before.

I know I can't convert the Anti's, but I will keep trying to influence the Not Sure's.

Color me crazy.