In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

People don't know how to interpret some laws

billh50billh50 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
Well I guess many places will just not ship a C&R to a C&R holder in CT because they think the law says they can't. But there is no CT law that says a C&R can not receive a pistol. In fact when I talked to Detective Vincent Imbimbo
Dept. of Emergency Services & Public Protection
Division of State Police
Special Licensing & Firearms Unit he stated that it was pefectly ok to receive ANY C&R firearm with an FFL 03 on CT. But that many place are just boycotting CT all together. He told me there is no law that says an FFL03 cannot receive a C&R pistol or rifle as long as the firearm is not on the banned list. So any rifle with a magazine that holds more than 10 rds would have to be sold without a magazine. Any pistol holding more than 10 rds can not be sold, etc. I had asked him if I bought an M1 Carbine with an oem wooden stock and no magazine could I receive it and buy a 10rd magazine for it. He said it was legal in CT that way so I could.
So I would hope that those who think it is illegal to ship a C&R to CT would call Detective Imbimbo for this clarification about FFL03's receiving a firearm directly.

Comments

• 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hear you, bro. Have had an 03 C&R since 1976. But am afraid I have few words of encouragement. I have too many 01's that still do not know what an 03 is, or what it covers. Have had too many dealers that think "Naw- that uses modern ammo- it can't be a C&R."

But the very best of luck to you.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a battle that will never be won.

Shipping to an 01 FFL has no risk or question. It is understandable that people do not want to put themselves in a position to make a determination that could get them a visit by the BATFE or worse.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele