In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S.S.A.& V.A. to track all Gun sales to the public!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
Big brother is coming to town and you better not be naughty or else!

Social Security moves to block the mentally ill from purchasing guns!

serf

http://thehill.com/regulation/pending-regs/278740-social-security-moves-to-block-the-mentally-ill-from-purchasing-guns

Similar efforts by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) have been met with controversy. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) has accused the VA of reporting veterans to the FBI simply because they cannot manage their personal finances and must be assigned a fiduciary.

According to Grassley, 99 percent of the people the FBI prohibits from owning guns because they are considered "mentally defective" come from the VA.

Now, the SSA is proposing to take similar precautions with people who receive disability insurance because they are unable to work due to mental health disorders.

"It appears that just like the VA, SSA's regulatory action will not require the government to first prove that the individual is a danger to self or others," Grassley wrote last July in a letter to Carolyn Colvin, acting commissioner of the Social Security Administration.

Comments

• Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm about as pro gun as it gets.....but if you go around telling people that you are so mentally disturbed that you can't hold a job and now my tax money has to support your worthless *..........frankly, I don't give a damn if you can buy a gun or not.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    I'm about as pro gun as it gets.....but if you go around telling people that you are so mentally disturbed that you can't hold a job and now my tax money has to support your worthless *..........frankly, I don't give a damn if you can buy a gun or not.

Yeah with drugs and booze everywhere now in society I can see your attitude however the disability part is a dodge by the government.

If you are older and start showing signs of any kind of dementia treatment and other mental deficiencies then The national health care plan along with Medicare/Medicaid will report you to the authorities directly.

So in the end ever government agency that collects data about you is sifted daily to build a dossier on you,bet on it! The baby-boomers are soon to be the big test bed for back door gun confiscation.

They will be at your door to collect your firearms to protect you and your family and of course national security if you decide to
    go off the deep end! [:D]

serf

https://www.recoveryranch.com/articles/drug-addiction/growing-trend-addiction-boomers/

A report issued by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) maintains that more and more baby boomers are becoming addicted to drugs in their later years. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) also responded to the growing trend among baby boomers and issued a consumer alert on prescription and drug abuse.

I bought two beers at a 99 cent store the other day and They entered my driver's License number in their cash register computer!

Don't tell me it's for I look to young or something or they just protecting their employee! It's all about mega data collection for the government.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

Yeah with drugs and booze everywhere now in society I can see your attitude however the disability part is a dodge by the government.

If you are older and start showing signs of any kind of dementia treatment and other mental deficiencies then The national health care plan along with Medicare/Medicaid will report you to the authorities directly.

So in the end ever government agency that collects data about you is sifted daily to build a dossier on you,bet on it! The baby-boomers are soon to be the big test bed for back door gun confiscation.

This isn't about people seeking medical care and having that information forwarded to some faceless bureaucrat who takes away their rights based on scanty evidence.

These are people who tell the government they are so mentally disturbed that they can't do ANY job in the national economy. They hire lawyers and fight for years to convince the Government that they are crazy........and now they are pissed that they are being treated like they are crazy.

You wanted a "crazy check"? Congratulations. You got a crazy check.