In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

California and permitted handgun list

deepcoverdeepcover Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I am confused on the permitted handgun list.If I understand correctly, the list pertains to new handguns. What about used hadguns. I am looking to aquire two handguns for my small collection. A Walther PPK .380, and Desert Eagle .50. The Walther is not on the list, there are talks on how it may soon be on the list, as well as runours that it will never be on the list. Magnum Research states that while the Mark XIX frame Desert Eagle .50 is not certified, I can by the .44, and .50 clips and barrel. That puts the price of the handgun to $1650 from my local dealer. A tad high. What I am trying to figure out, is how California law pertains to used handguns. I believe I can purchase these handguns, used, from a Private Party in California, but what about out of state. Can I purchase a used one from a private party, in a different state, and get it shipped to my FFL holding dealer...?[This message has been edited by deepcover (edited 03-10-2002).][This message has been edited by deepcover (edited 03-10-2002).]