In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who knows the laws concerning the following....

gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have heard some things that revolve around the idea that a handgun, or more specifically, an automatic handgun manufactured post ban are not allowed to have pre-ban mags inserted in them. As far as I was aware, after the ban, high capacity mags were no longer manufacturable to the general public. Should a person with a post ban handgun put a preBan mag in his piece, is he breaking the law??? I know it is illegal to insert a postBan LE mag in any gun if you are not LE, so if it has a date stamped anywhere on it, I would be getting rid of it, no fingerprints and all. Does the same apply to the semiautomatic "assault" rifles? I hope I'm right on this matter, because if I'm wrong, they could get themselves in trouble.

NOTE: I am aware of the fact that even the mere possession of a high capacity Mag in the Sozialist Republik of Kalifornia and the Kommunist State of Nazi Jerzey is a felony. (We want the Old Jersey back)

The laws in the books are half the problem, the other half is the Plutokrats who have those laws scribed in those same books

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak

Comments

• EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    It is perfectly legal to use "pre ban" magazines in any firearms that they fit. Unless it is a so-called "assault rifle", there is no such thing as a pre ban or post ban firearm. Also, it is not illegal to posses high capacity magazines in California.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the heads up. I was pretty sure I was right. In the Sozialist Republik of Kalifornia, are you absolutely sure it is legal to own HiCap Mags. I am only saying this out of concern.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
  • EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    I am positive that it is legal to own high capacity magazines in California. You cannot, howver, transfer them to anyone other that a licensed dealer. You cannot legally import or purchase any in the state unless you are specifically exempted.
  • Rob GreeneRob Greene Member Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Adolph would be proud of such laws. The law abiding folk of Califorina should be proud that they are being protected so well.

**It is your right to posess a firearm. In case of questions, please refer to ammendment 2, United States Constitution.**
  • Rob GreeneRob Greene Member Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Adolph would be proud of such laws. The law abiding folk of Califorina should be proud that they are being protected so well.

**It is your right to posess a firearm. In case of questions, please refer to ammendment 2, United States Constitution.**
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any way you slice it, Kalifornia Sozialist Republik laws SUCK, and they sound pretty Unconstitutional, too. Even that sounds like BS.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak