In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Manufacturer Idiocy

mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't have any issue with Gun Manufacturers wanting to play it safe. Hey put a gun lock in the box, no problem. What beats me is as to why they feel it so necessary to put it in the gun itself. I don't want it, don't need it, don't want another mechanical obstruction that might be misset or cause a failure at a most inopportune time.

I really want to buy some of these guns, but as long as lawsuit mentality over one's natural right to self defense reigns I will shop for many guns in the used section.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead

Comments

• Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have any issue with Gun Manufacturers wanting to play it safe. Hey put a gun lock in the box, no problem. What beats me is as to why they feel it so necessary to put it in the gun itself. I don't want it, don't need it, don't want another mechanical obstruction that might be misset or cause a failure at a most inopportune time.

I really want to buy some of these guns, but as long as lawsuit mentality over one's natural right to self defense reigns I will shop for many guns in the used section.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps this is just me talking here, but there are an awful lot of liberals out there who would love nothing more than to see all our guns taken away. In certain states, they have either enacted or are trying to enact laws making that mandatory, for liability purposes. Any gun failing to meet this parameter would then not be able to be bought in that state. Is that what you want???

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak