In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Senate Bill S.890 attacking gun shows

offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
The NRA says an anti-gun org will try to force a vote on S.890 between now and July 4. If you are active enough to want to write your senators, I'm using the comparison of gun shows to flea markets and antique roadshows, which I think is fair and accurate. The more we can get our congresspeople to thinking of gun shows in a realistic way (i.e., as harmless and inexpensive fun like attending a flea market) the better chance we have of winning votes when people try to treat them like weapons bazaars for criminals and terrorists. I wrote both my senators and used language along this line:
"Please DO NOT support S. 890, the bill designed to put gun shows (the
recreational equivalent of flea markets and antique roadshows) out of
business.

"The truth about gun shows is that they are simply nothing more sinister than a shooting hobbyist's "flea market" or "antique roadshow." They are fun, they are inexpensive entertainment, and they provide a great service to local communities who value hunting, collecting, and yes, home defense."
You boys and girls would be doing me a great favor, as well as yourselves in my opinion, if everyone within earshot of my "voice" on this board would go to the nraila.org site and write both your state's senators e-mail containing language along these lines. Keep it short, simple, and begin with "please vote to defeat S.890." Thanks a lot for your time and attention.

- Life NRA Member
"If cowardly & dishonorable men shoot unarmed men with army guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary...and not by general deprivation of constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878

Comments