In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

High Capacity Magazines

hecklerxkochhecklerxkoch Member Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
I heard something about the high capacity magazine law coming up and possibly ending, any words on this??

New gun??? No, honey, I've had it for years.

Comments

• gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any law that has the words, "control", "ban", "Brady", or "Law Enforcement" need flat out removed from the books. Hopefully these two will be revoked in 2004. I don't care if it means my prebans go down in value. I never planned on selling them in the first place.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
  • Rob GreeneRob Greene Member Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmmm...I've looked the Constitution all over and can't find any place that gives the government a right to ban or in any other way infringe on our right to keep and bear arms. Perhaps I'm missing something?? This is one of many pieces of legislation that needs to sunset, and quickly. If it doesn't, the next thing you know, there will be a high capacity "word" ban. Books over a certain length will not be allowed, especially if they "look" dangerous!!

**It is your right to posess a firearm. In case of questions, please refer to ammendment 2, United States Constitution.**
    edited November -1
    It would appear that, with as many ways as fedcoats trample our rights, the only way any of it will end is if someone puts their foot down, or they all die and no one else takes their stand on their oppressive behaviors. Whichever occurs first.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
  • nitrouznitrouz Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ever notice how the plastic clips (magazines) for the Ruger 10/22 you used to buy at Kmart for $20 are now worth $100? I hope the magazine ban is extended, it's a better capital investment for me than the stock market.
    edited November -1
    I'd rather they become unbanned, because to me, this isn't some sort of investment, it is more of a way to stock up on whatever I want...

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
    edited November -1
    When will someone start making projectiles for paintball guns besides paintballs? Come on there has to be an entrepeneur out their. Start making somekind of home defense rounds, there is a niche in the market and no regulations yet. I have a few ideas.
    1.Paint balls with an acid could be useful
    2.A type of birdbomb would be nice, explode on impact
    3.A Globule ball containing a mixture of glass shavings and an acid?
    4. A globule ball containing little razor bits
    5. a dual hit type of round, first globule contains chemical X, the other another chemical so when you hit two on a person it would explode or something.

the list could go on.
    edited November -1
    I'll stick with lead. The copper jacketed sort will suit me fine.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
    edited November -1
    I have an entrepeneur idea for someone to help out our friends in Kalifornia. Why doesn't someone sell 'Paperweight' gun magazines. Remove the springs and followers and sell them in Kali as paper weights. Then our 'ole boys can get the springs and followers from other sources. I see a loophole.....Does anyone else see it?
    They are no longer rifle or pistol magazines if they can not hold ammo and feed it into a gun right?
    edited November -1
    No one think this is illegal?
    edited November -1
    I sure do. Putting the pieces of those said magazines in the Sozialist Republik of Kalifornistan would likely be a felony.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
    edited November -1
    Ahhh but couldn't someone say the magazines have been in their possession for twenty years?
    edited November -1
    They could, but then, what should happen when your purchases were monitored??? They know you have 'em, and you do, too. They may ask for receipts, to which most of us couldn't come up with one.

Just remember this. If the feds suspect you for... anything, really, you are guilty until proven innocent.... and even then, you're guilty of something. That is indeed a dangerous bridge, rigged with fedbombs all over it, in which the people may cross. With feds thinking it is their duty to look at what you are reading, how many weapons you are purchasing, what you've spent your hard-earned money on, and who you may know who is probably not much different that you, that will be sniffed out, easily. Especially when demilitarized ammo storage and feed units hit the market, they would probably be stamped or otherwise identifiable as demilitarized, anyway. They want the honest people disarmed.

Our methods are different. I am not looking at loopholes, I am looking at the language, and seeing it as arbitrary to others, and those that are need eradicated. Yours seems to be to work with and bend the rule, instead. But you and I both know it is wrong, and therefore we are a step ahead of those other pacifists, which is really just another word for mutual cowardice, anyways.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
  • snake-eyessnake-eyes Member Posts: 869
    edited November -1
    "It would appear that, with as many ways as fedcoats trample our rights, the only way any of it will end is if someone puts their foot down, or they all die and no one else takes their stand on their oppressive behaviors. Whichever occurs first."

I believe quite a few Americans have died putting their feet down. Problem is, no one stepped up to help them. Maybe their tactics were not acceptable but better believe the only way to stop a runaway train is to let it run it's course until it's out of fuel, or derail the thing.

*If there is one gun for every 7 people in the world, I'm saving alot of people money*
    edited November -1
    Hey, snake-eyes. If there is only one in seven with a gun, six out of seven are cowards.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
  • jnkreebjnkreeb Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys are great! I am unfortuante enough to be from Kalifornistan where pacifists rule, and am a recent purchaser of my first firearm. (Don't know why it took so long..hehe) I would say the 6 out of 7 aren't all cowards, possibly just uneducated, and it should be our mission to educate, as I was educated recently...

(gotta think of a nice quote here...:) )
    edited November -1
    I got one for you, jnkreeb.

"Pacifism is only organized cowardice."

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak