In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Attempted child kiddnapping

rameleni1rameleni1 Member Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭
I picked up my son today from school. There was a letter in his backpack. It said there was a attempted child ubduction (sp) 2 blocks from his school. The child is ok, and ran when he asked to get into his car. I have to take that way home, and there were 3 police cars visible. They were never there before. How can we protect our children from this?. I looked into a ccw permit for Illinois. Nope, none allowed. Only the police, military, fbi, cia, etc can carry. The question I have is, what is it going to take to be able to protect our families. I feel if I can pass the same tests as a LEO, I should be able to carry. I honestly don't beleive everyone should be able to carry a gun. there should be some sort of test. Make it a very hard test. Lie detector, backround check, whatever it takes. I would pass it. I would like my son to be protected on his bus. I would like to see the driver of the bus being able to protect the children from harm. I can't be with my son 24/7. I have to trust people. What could they do if someone came on the bus with a ak47?. Ok, that sounds far fetched. Lets say a knife. My son can't protect himself, who will?. What about the schools? There is no one there to protect the children. We are sitting ducks. How many people will have to die from terrorist, or other attacks, before we can legally protect ourselves?

Rameleni1

Comments

• gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many are going to have to die before we wise up, you ask. All of us. Why?? Because we surrendered a right and now, just as you said, we are sitting ducks. Many of those same people, who think just like you do about not thinking everyone should be entitled to carry, make it hard, background check, whatever, and what you come up with is simply this: Only CERTAIN people are allowed to carry. That is arbitrary and just plain wrong.

My question for you is this. No matter how stupid a man is, do you honestly think he is going to rob a bank knowing everyone in it is armed?? What if even one person is armed, and he doesn't know which one it is? For any that would be stupid enough to do this, well, that's one SOB we won't be rehabilitating.

I've personally had it with all these people saying that a right should be a privilege. It isn't a privilege, it is a right that is arbitrarily infringed upon, period. Until that changes, none of us are safe. Thank you, komrade representatives and senator-fuhrers for keeping my family "safe" (puke!!!)

Disarmament works in a sinless society, not a godless one.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Jesus Christ believed in the right to keep and bear arms, Luke 22:36.

-Gunphreak
  • rameleni1rameleni1 Member Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gunphreak, I do have to disagree with you. Everyone should not be allowed to carry. I could make up a list of why, but I don't see the point. My point is, there are sane, law abiding people that should be able to carry. I could move to a state that allows me to carry. I really don't want too, it may come to that soon. What I am looking for is how to change this. What really has to be done?. What can I, and people who feel the same way do?. I know we can vote for Pro-gun polititions. They have lied to get votes before, and I don't trust what any of them say.

Rameleni1
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, now that we got that out of the way, let's look at this realistically. Laws, the things we, the law abiding, adhere to, criminals do NOT, plain and simple. Do you believe most people who misuse firearms buy them at the local sporting good stores??? If so, then guess again. They STEAL them. They buy them on the black market STOLEN. They are obtained in ill gotten manners, any way you look at them.

There is no other way to put this than bluntly. Criminals are not held by laws, they are held by FEAR. This is the only motivation that will turn an otherwise criminally behaved person into a functional member of society, or worm fodder. Whichever they choose. That's why CCW has a good operational record for lowering crime. It instills FEAR in the hearts of the dishonest. It etches consequence in the minds of the thief, and poses a greater risk to reward factor for the mugger or rapist. The ones you think shouldn't own them, and for that matter, I think shouldn't own them, DO possess them. They DO carry them. They DO use them.

All the laws in the world have no deterrence for the lawless.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Jesus Christ believed in the right to keep and bear arms, Luke 22:36.

-Gunphreak