In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How many exceptions?

dhdh Member Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
I have been looking over a bunch of gun laws for a friend who is wanting to get his CCW here in Texas.I was looking thru the Gun Control Act of 1968 and as I see it a person convicted of a white collar crime is exempt of the law against a felon owning a firearm.See (20) (A) on page 5.Am I reading this correctly? As is no felon may posses a firearm,no person convicted of domestic violence,no person not born in the U.S.A.(not sure of that one.)The list seems to go on and on,I can't make heads or tails out of half of it.It's like saying we cannot and will not be taxed without representation,EXCEPT.Pretty soon only LEO will be able to own a firearm without fear of arrest,and I don't know how many of you keep up with the local and national news but there are cops all over the U.S. being arrested almost weekly for one thing or another.The Second Ammendment is being hacked to death.It is being whittled down to almost nothing.No felons,no high capacity mags,no bayonet lugs,no $30 pistols,and now in California there can be no .50 caliber rifles.The list of exceptions for gun ownership is endless.I swear I am almost ready to throw in the towel and take up nothing but fishing.I stay on top of my elected officials' records on gun rights but once you find a good one he's out of office the next year or he/she trades one favor for another and it goes on and on.Personally I think most politicians would sell their mothers for a vote,they have only one thing in mind and that is to hang on in office as long as they can and get their mitts on as much as they can.Whew,I'm really p****d. Thanks

Comments