In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shipping Guns by Non FFL

sportsport Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
I have read several discussions in the past on this topic, but did not print them off, thus I need to bring them up again.

Can a non FFL holder ship a gun to an FFL holder or is it only a FFL to FFL transfer (and I am speaking about legal shotguns, rifles, and antiques)? Handguns, I am pretty sure, have to be FFL to FFL.

I do not have a FFL but have shipped a lot of guns that I have sold over GB out to FFL holders without much question and never a problem (meaning damage) through UPS. However, this week, my FFL holder who receives all my guns for me, told me that he did some investigating and he would not accept a gun from a nonFFL holder anymore (even with the proper ID). I assume that this is his discretion, but I am curious as to what the federal laws specically state. Could someone provide that info or the link? Thanks.

It does seem to me that a lot of the future of gun transfer relies on this. I know that if I am able to ship guns being a nonFFL holder and if guns cannot be received by a nonFFL holder, I will be able to do much business anymore b/c of the extra hassle and cost incurred.