In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BESIEGED LOCALS TAKE UP ARMS OF THEIR OWN

WAGCWAGC Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
The Second Amendment IS Our Homeland Security !
The Second Amendment IS Our EQUAL RIGHTS Amendment!

Does the "Let's Disarm America Crowd" REALLY think it's going to ban guns when folks are scared like this..... Thank God, People have the common sense and willingness to stand up and defend themselves.

=====================
http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/59934.htm
FAIR USE

BESIEGED LOCALS TAKE UP ARMS OF THEIR OWN

By SAM SMITH
October 17, 2002 -- After two weeks of terror at the hands of the psycho sniper, residents of Virginia's suburbs are taking matters - and guns - into their own hands.
In Spotsylvania, Stafford, Prince William and Fairfax counties - all at or near sniper attacks - officials report up to a 500 percent increase in applications for concealed-weapons permits, and gun sales are up nearly as much.

"It's been crazy," said Barbara Brinklow, deputy clerk of the Spotsylvania circuit court.

The court usually processes one application every other day, but did 23 last Friday after the sniper's 10th victim, Kenneth Bridges, was gunned down in a Spotsylvania County Exxon station.

"We're seeing a lot of women, which is a change from traditional permit applicants," said Brinklow. "They say their husbands sent them in."

Next door in Stafford County, the lines at the court clerk's office have been lengthening "since people started getting killed," said deputy clerk Kathy McAllister.

There, the daily processing rate has risen from three applications to 15.

McAllister said the profile of permit applicants has changed in Stafford County, as well.

"I had an 81-year-old man come in this morning," she said. " 'It's just the way the world is now,' he told me."

Fairfax County, where FBI analyst Linda Franklin was killed Monday, reports an increase from four applications per day to 25. Prince William County, where Dean Meyers, the sniper's ninth victim, was killed at a Sunoco station, has seen applications go from four to 15 a day.

The increase in demand means the application process at the courts takes longer and anxious customers are being forced to wait up to six weeks to get their permit - rather than the typical three-week checking period.

"The sheriff already had 41 applications on his desk last Friday from the past few weeks," said Brinklow in Spotsylvania County. "We got 48 applications in the last three days."

The owner of Damage Inc., a gun shop in Stafford County, said gun sales at his store have increased 300 percent since the sniper's rampage began.

The Second Amendment IS our Homeland Security

Comments

• Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What can I say? I would rather be backed up by armed citizens, myself.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Jesus Christ believed in the right to keep and bear arms, Luke 22:36.

-Gunphreak
  • Options
    BurningDailyBurningDaily Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love it! Now i only ahve on thing to ask? Why has the press NOT been coverign this increase? I think i know why. If they did cover it, (and by covering it they encourage it) then my guess is that gun sales would increase nation-wide as to prevent OTHER copycats who might try to mimic this phsyco. THE PRESS DOESNT WANT THIS! Lets only hope that the word is spread.
    -burn

"How many times have I told you that when I hear the words 'civil rights attourney', I reach for my glock?? How many times have I told you that when I hear the words 'civil rights attourney', I make sure my AR-15 is oiled?"
    -Dr. Savage