In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun Rights (?) in California

hmweinerhmweiner Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
Hello,

Hoping someone can answer this for me, as trying to dig it out of the California code is ridiculous!

I have a few pre-ban hi-cap magazines from a gun that I sold. I know that I cannot sell, trade, give away, or even loan these things directly to anyone. However, I was told (by a gun shop owner) that they could be sold on the internet. I am assuming that he meant LEGALLY, and also that this means that the buyer would have to be in a state that allows the purchase of pre-ban high-caps.

Anyway, really three questions:

Being a resident of California, can I really sell these things over the net?

Am I restricted to selling them to residents of states that allow the purchase of pre-ban mags?

Are there a LOT of states that don't allow the purchase of these?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Howard

Comments

• gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being a subject of the Sozialist Republik of Kalifornistan, you can sell pre-ban mags over the net. While doing so, do NOT sell them to another subject of the SRoK. Emperor Davis will definitely frown on that. Most states allow these to be sold. In the Sozialist Republik of Kalifornistan, nothing over 10 round mags, the Kommonwealth of New Jerky doesn't allow over 15 round mags, and the Republik of Marxland doesn't allow over 20 round mags. The rest have no legislation against them, that I am aware of. Hopefully, more do not follow suit.

Ridiculous, isn't it???

Death to Tyrants!!!

Jesus Christ believed in the right to keep and bear arms, Luke 22:36.

-Gunphreak
  • snake-eyessnake-eyes Member Posts: 869
    edited November -1
    Gun rights in Kalifornia? Never heard of such a thing..I'm still wating for technical answers from the DOJ on the subject. Illegal immigration is ok though.

*In 1909 Henry Ford created the Model T and it got around 30mpg..today's Ford's may be safer and more luxurious but in 100 years we've not really gotten further on a gallon of gasoline have we?*
    edited November -1
    I'm with you, snake-eyes!!

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
  • hmweinerhmweiner Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Absolutely nuts. But at least I still have a few guns that are pre-ban. Thanks for the info!

BTW, I said "gun rights (?) in Ca." with tongue-in-cheek!
    Ridiculous, isn't it???
  • snake-eyessnake-eyes Member Posts: 869
    edited November -1
    A few guns that are pre-ban? 9th Circuit Court along with Governor Duffis of California just decided the Right to Bear Arms does not allow private ownership of firearms by citizens, only by the state military. Read it and weep, Silveira-vs-Lockyer. Makes me think bad bad things.

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/ca9/newopinions.nsf/661116A4ECB1A7BE88256C8600544DCB/$file/0115098.pdf?openelement

*In 1909 Henry Ford created the Model T and it got around 30mpg..today's Ford's may be safer and more luxurious but in 100 years we've not really gotten further on a gallon of gasoline have we?*
    edited November -1
    Posting this here may have not been such a good idea, hmweiner. Better get out while you can.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak