In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Still wanna live in Kalifornia?

mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
Today's high court verdict, in flat denial of the best Constitutional scholars (and they are not friendly to the 2nd Amendment) has ruled that the serfs living in Kalifornia have no Second Amendment rights. Even if you are a retired law enforcement professional.

If this ruling were used as force of law, they could take all your guns away without even asking.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead

Comments

• DarrellDarrell Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's the 9th Circuit...the MOST OVERTURNED Circuit in the system.
  • snake-eyessnake-eyes Member Posts: 869
    edited November -1
    Not only could they take your guns, now they can take them without a search warrant and shoot you and legally get away with it if you gave them any lip.

By By America, you were once a great nation. This wasn't only a California suit, this was a Federal Appeals Court which bears the law of the land. They said no one has the right to bear arms.

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/ca9/newopinions.nsf/661116A4ECB1A7BE88256C8600544DCB/$file/0115098.pdf?openelement

*In 1909 Henry Ford created the Model T and it got around 30mpg..today's Ford's may be safer and more luxurious but in 100 years we've not really gotten further on a gallon of gasoline have we?*
  • hondohondo Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ruling not only effects Kali but the all the states in the 9th Cicuit. Seven states can be impacted depending on their AW laws. The ruling was by a three member panel of the Court, not the full court of twelve judges. The plaintifs (gun owers) can ask for a review by the full court or try to go to the Supreme Court who may or may not decide to hear it. Only two of the justices agreed on the part of the ruling that stated that there is no right under the 2nd amendment for private citizens to own firearms. One was appoined by Carter and the other one by Clinton. You have to love those Democrats. As stated by Darrell the 9th Circuit has been over turned on 80% of their decisions. Too bad about the retired LEOs having their exemption taken away. I don't know what they do now since the window that allowed registration of AWs closed two tears ago. Iam sure "HIS GRAYNESS" Gov. Davis will figure out a way to screw them even more.................Hondo
  • carl1124carl1124 Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When are we going to wake up and take back our rights. By force if need be.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would appear Emperor Davis believes Sozialism has only failed because the right people, like say, him, have not been in charge, and that with his "superior intellect" (sic) it will work, and he will succeed where the rest have failed. So much for government with the consent of the governed, eh??

No, I would never ever live in the Sozialist Republik of Kalifornistan.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Jesus Christ believed in the right to keep and bear arms, Luke 22:36.

-Gunphreak
    edited November -1
    If anyone else has the time please help me 'congratulate' the folks responsible for declaring the American people don't have the right to bear arms:

William B. Shubb, presiding Judge, 9th Circuit Court
    Stephen Reinhardt, Judge
    Raymond C. Fisher, Judge
    Frank J. Magill, 8th Circuit Court(why he was in the 9th?)

Bill Lockyer, Attorney General of California
    Governor Davis of California

The case was Silveira-vs-Lockyer

*In 1909 Henry Ford created the Model T and it got around 30mpg..today's Ford's may be safer and more luxurious but in 100 years we've not really gotten further on a gallon of gasoline have we?*
    edited November -1
    Too bad I can't feasibly spit in their face. When it becomes overturned, I will laugh in their face.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
  • NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I fled the People's Republik of Kalifornia in 1990. Unfortunately, I still have a brother living behind the Tofu Curtain out there. He told me that beginning in January, Kalifornians will have to take a test and course to buy a handgun. Anyone else heard about this?

Death to tyrants: That would keep us busy but its a duty.
    edited November -1
    You think that is something. Ohio has the workings of a concealed carry bill that is so loaded full of garbage, I hope it doesn't pass. Among the stupidest things I've ever heard:

1. Requires 12 hours of firearms training (A clear insult to the intelligence and resourcefulness of law abiding citizens in this state)
    2. Permit holders would not be able to carry a loaded pistol while in a motor vehicle (A car-jacker is not going to let his victim get into their trunk to get his gun and load it during the confrontation. Essentially, the car-jacker will get away with not only the car, but possibly a gun as well. Just what we want criminals getting their hands on, isn't it?? Brilliant!!!)
    3. Make carrying into an establishment with a prohibition sign posted a crime (defeats the entire purpose of CCW)
    4. Our good for jack sh_t Governor won't approve a CCW policy that is not endorsed by law enforcement anyways. Seems LEO's everywhere would like to turn a CCW permit into probable cause for unwarranted searches of the permit holder's person and vehicle, though no true suspicion exists. If this isn't a load of Gestapo crap, I don't know what is.

I, along with my fellow Ohio Citizens at OFCC, have pulled my support of this impotent version of CCW. I am in support of the Ohio Supreme Court decision to rule Section 2903 unconstitutional, and create Vermont style Carry here in the state of Ohio.

If any question exists for my contempt for LEO's in the State of Ohio, let me clear it up, right now. I am a tax payer. There are literally millions in this state just like me. WE are their employers, essentially. They seem blatantly opposed to citizens carrying their own weapons, and claim their job will become harder because everyone can be armed. This is a declaration they do not trust their own employers. This is how we are repayed, by having the employee bite the hand that feeds them. In any other occupation, this would happen exactly once before they are terminated. If I had a dog that thought it to be a good idea to do this, I would shoot the SOB, and you can quote me on that one.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
  • NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was going to suggest we form an army to liberate Kalifornia (there are many partisans and other resisters behind enemy lines there) but now it looks like Ohio might need the help too. Maybe we should just secede, those states or parts or states where freedom is still somewhat intact, that is...

Secession, an idea whose time has come?
    edited November -1
    Let them keep up the push... see what happens.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • RageingRabbitRageingRabbit Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats nothing people, I live in the government state of Great Britain (not so great) where its illegal to just own a fire arm and can carry upto ten years for possesion even without ammo.But you've still got to try.So if any one knows how i can buy a handgun for personal protection and get it shipped to uk mail me.RageingRabbit@hotmail.com
  • hondohondo Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Notpars, go to http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/2002bills.htm for the latest changes to California regulations.......Hondo
    edited November -1
    Rageing Rabbit, just make one. You could convert and umbrella into a .22 single shot with just some copper tubing and a little work. The Bobby's won't bother you then.

edited November -1
    Yikes... those kind of laws are not only stupid, they make a whole butt load of victims. I guess those in the Sozialist Republik of Kalifornistan are all prey... just a matter of time. There's your "legacy" Emperor Davis.... and you know where you can shove it!!!!

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

edited November -1
    Look at all those laws taking effect next month...Glad I'm not a resident of that state. I emailed Bill Lockyer, Cali's Attorney General and proposed he tax firearm ammunition 100% for more revenue...he he he....Just kidding.

edited November -1
    Calls for more gun control are merely a way for clueless, brainless morons and kommies to look like the have some idea of how to solve a problem.[}:)]

Death to Tyrants!!!