In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AARP=gun control

tetoncountytetoncounty Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
I started getting invitations to join the AARP a couple of years ago when I turned fifty. After joining, I requested information regarding their policy on second amendment issues.The policy statement they sent makes me sick.They advocate very strict gun control, including registration. I immediately cancelled my membership. They continue to send renewal requests, dangling the bait of "discounts". Check out their website.

Let them know that you won't trade freedom for "discounts"!

Comments

• Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll check it out. What is the link or address???

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • Options
    DarrellDarrell Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I get AARP stuff to join I send it back in THIER envelope so they pay the postage with the reason why I won' join.
    On the AARP web page several years ago I started a "seniors and gun issues" page and it was their most popular and mostly PRO gun. Doncha just love it?
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    I retired in 99 and when they sent their 'stuff' I wrote a nice letter informing them I would not even consider joining because they were showing an exteme prejudice to firearms owners and were not advocating armed selfdefence to their members. They kept sending their 'discount' crap and I did just as you said. Back to them in their self addressed envelopes.[:(!]

J. Rau
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tape the envelope to a brick and send it back [:D]

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead