In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Jersey Gun Sales

watsonmcgwatsonmcg Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I live in New Jersey and have a number of hand guns and long guns I would like to sell. Is it legal for me to sell these out of state through this auction?

All comments will be appreciated.

John K. McGowan

Comments

• Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes it is. All sales must be completed out of state according to the other state's laws as well as your own, and the guns must be shipped to an FFL license holder in order to complete the transaction.

I know, it's a bunch of BS, but we have the so-called "Gun Show Loophole" to worry about (too bad their isn't a "flip the bird" smiley icon I can use to describe this crock of sh_t)

Good luck, and for your sake, be absolutely sure not to sell outside the laws of the other state... big trouble!!!

Death to Tyrants!!!

Jesus Christ believed in the right to keep and bear arms, Luke 22:36.

-Gunphreak
  • Options
    slideact.22slideact.22 Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a lot easier to sell instate, person-to-person. I live in NJ too and I'm a licensed buyer. My particular interest is old .22 pump rifles, but there are other things I'm looking for as well. If you like, you can e-mail me at jhelck@optonline.net
  • Options
    GunGoneGunGone Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make sure you check in to just how much the FFL dealer is going to charge you to transfer the weapons. In my experience its the dealers not the government that will make it cheaper to sell in state. Of course if you piss off Uncle Sam the FFL costs will look cheap.
    I won't sell out of my state again, it just costs too much. If you decide to give it a go. Follow the links and read the fine explanations in the "for sellers" section here.