In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who is making the money?

GunGoneGunGone Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
Having listed and sold 3 guns here now, I can say I like Gunbroker.com
My concerns lie with the profit in the sales. The only people I saw making money is the FFL holder. My buyers got a good deal on the guns, but it cost me $30 plus to have a photocopy of a license in the packages. Then the buyer has to pay again to actually get the gun. By then the weapon is up around what you might find it locally for. Where is the insentive to continue? This site offers a great chance for legal transactions between people that otherwise might not connect, but once the profit is removed, it won't last. I can pay dealer prices at the shop down the street and do. But I won't sell out of my state anymore. Having seen what it costs for a citizen to sell, I won't be buying either. We should have the right to transfer a gun without being held up by the people that might sell us the next one. Tack another $60 on to a dealers sale and watch them squeal. And while they whine they pass the cost to the buyer. I'm finished now. Having recently retired from the local cop shop, I just wanted to part with a few peices I no longer need, so this will not affect me any longer. But as others see what happens, more will leave also. If the admins delete this post, it also will have no effect on those like me that won't even consider this site for a gun purchase, after seeing what it really costs.

Comments

• Options
    LowdogLowdog Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I have yet to purchase a gun off of GunBroker - that being said, I guess I don't understand where these other costs you speak of come in. I have a friend with an FFL and he says he'll charce me $10.00 to have a gun shipped to him for me. Are there other costs (other than unusually high shipping costs some sellers charge)involved?

Finish your beer, there's sober people in China.