In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Do I have handgun rights?---CLICK HERE PLEASE---

Concealed_JusticeConcealed_Justice Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
[:(] Im almost 18 and I know im not sposed to own guns but I have about 7 or 8 of them and I'm an avid hunter and archer. That was a long time ago when I used to smoke pot, and before I quit in 8th grade I sold my last bag (It was only 7-8 grams) to one of my friends and he snitched on me and I got a 5th degree Felony (The Lowest Felony) Im in handgun saftey and in the market for a good carry around auto loader (Im looking at the Taurus PT111 or mabey a witness, if anyone has any suggestions) and I was told the charge would be wiped away form my record when I turned 18, so will I be able to legally own a handgun and get my concealed carry permit after I become an adult[?] I sure hope so. By the Way I live in Minnesota. Thanks please reply.

From my cold, dead, hands. Give me liberty AND freedom, or give me some time to stock up on ammo.

Comments

• Options
    bpd1329bpd1329 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not sure about Minnesota law. I am a police officer in the state of Arkansas. Here all felony and misdemeanor are placed in a sealed file sort of like an expungement unless it is a violet crime against a person or property resulting in death at age 18. Also federal law states that it is unlawful for someone under the age of 21 to possess a handgun except under certain conditions (hunting or farming practices) Any person over the age of 21 may purchase a handgun or long gun that has not been convicted of a felony or a crime of domestic battery. I would recommend that you contact an attorney in reference to what you need to do to legally purchase a firearm and to legally carry one concealed.

Officer Ryan Birmingham Badge # 1329
  • Options
    Concealed_JusticeConcealed_Justice Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr. Birmingham, thanks for your reply, I was told by my minister, Rev. Tim Sherman, who was a police officers in L.A. and whom is also lincenced to conceal a handgun, that I will be able to get my permit because the offence WILL be wiped from my record. So I feel pretty well about it now. But I thought I would be able to own a handgun at 18, I must have been mistaken.[V]

From my cold, dead, hands. Give me liberty AND freedom, or give me some time to stock up on ammo.