In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

No more assault weapon bans!

mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
Grab this one guys! A solid defense against Assault Weapon bans!
http://www.sierratimes.com/02/12/30/arrg123002.htm

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead

Comments

• Options
    swnoelswnoel Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've always believed that "Assault weapon" was a pretty broad statement...

I would suggest that any item is essentially an assault weapon fron sticks to aircraft flying into buildings...

I wonder what the true motive is behind this kind of legistation[?]
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is the true motivation behind the Assault weapon ban and hi-capacity magazine ban? Simple. Gun kontrol only works on law abiders, so with each new act passed, it disarms a certain sect of the population that is neither inclined nor determined to commit acts of violence. Criminals will, of course, disregard any law meant to suppress their actions.

Anyone here familiar with "Saturday Night Specials" and the racist motivations behind the bans that occured after the Civil War? Its name is derived from a racist term, "N____r town Saturday night", and the ban was meant specifically to disarm newly freed slaves so as to make them helpless to lynching, to which 3500+ were subjected over the next 75 years. Once this was called to enough people's attention, the name "Saturday Night Special" was retired to a more politically correct name... junk guns. This law targets the poor.

44 States have adopted CCW laws, of some form. Those that have not keep a high crime rate as commonplace, and these broader laws target everyone, mostly because, even though your family means everything to you, they mean nothing to the legislators. Nothing.

Taxes and restrictions placed arbitrarily on guns and ammunition are to assert a way to make fewer people able to purchase them. Registration is the precursor to confiscation. In all these forms of victim disarmament lies the heart of the reason.

Many people, like me, are not ones who will just roll over and die. Placing bans on assault weapons disarms those who would be most likely to strike the tyrants down, and they simply do not want that. There is a great reward in ruling the USA and they know it. For no other reason is there an assault weapon ban.

I've heard it a million times by idiots, bleeding hearted liberals and kommies alike, and even some hunters, the same boorish refrain, "Why do you need something like that, anyways?" The answer I give them is always the same. "Because it is my right to have whatever I feel the need or want to have as an American citizen. Why do you need your hunting guns, you don't have a right to hunt." Yep, you heard that right. Hunting is not a right, it is a privilege. Owning a rifle similar to what our military uses is a God given right, as covered by Article II of the Bill of Rights.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.