In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Right to bear and carry arms or not?!

oneguysskyoneguyssky Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
Just a note to everyone out there. What we have in control of our gun rights is not the people, but a computer controlled atmoshpere. Nothing more or less. Our lives can be radically changed because of it and a few controllers. I know. All my life as far back as I can remember I have had rifles and pistols. Never a problem associated with them. I collect, shoot, and have fun. I have them for protection of my home and surroundings. My children have them and know to respect the impact they can make in a life. I have a concealed weapon permit for my state. We have a fairly free state when it comes to weapons. But, recently, a purchase I made of another handgun to make a set, had a snag... The normal check was run, usually here, about fifteen minutes, turned into a delay (whatever that is), then a denial.? What is up with that? So I got the paper that gave me an address and email to contact ATF NICS. I contacted them and a few weeks later I get a letter stating the reason why. (This is where computer control comes in), I was told in the letter that due to their computer base and it's logic, that I have similar name and/or characteristics to another or other individuals. ??? I think a lot of us have similar names and/or characteristics. I really find this inexcusable. All they had to do was look at my record and fingerprints. Needless to say, I had to go to the nearest police station, get fingerprinted again, signed off by the officer, copies of anything to verify who I am(still having similar name and/ characteristics), and send it off to them. Needless to say, I am still waiting for a reply. About two months now because of a computer accusation of simularities. I can see making sure someone is who they are, but there is a problem when even though you are who you are, doesn't make a difference to a computer. The problem after this is now, stated in the letter, that even if I prove who I am(which I have been all my life!), the last part of the letter states that even if I win the appeal on this, they will not make it right nor allow it to be right. The statement is that they will continue to look for anything to deny me just because they won't allow themselves to be wrong, nor their computer, at my expense or anyone else who falls into this same situation. They cannot seem to just realize they made a mistake, apologize, and let me continue on with my life. Like I said, just a note to think about. How far is this going to go?...

Comments

• gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too late to deal with 'em, too early to just shoot the bastards.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are playing the odds. Quite a few people, if they are denied for ANY reason, will give up and not try to purchase any firearm, rather than find out what the problem was. Some will fight it. The alphabet boys are not going to make it any easier in the future.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • snake-eyessnake-eyes Member Posts: 869
    edited November -1
    Don't play their head game, take it to court. Make complaints to the state attorney general, complaints to ATF, US attorney general, congressman, letters to the editor in the local paper.

If you are not allowed to purchase a firearm with no due cause give 'em he!!.

Let's change the laws and quit bickering about them. One man CAN change the status quo.
  • chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a similar problem, only not so severe. I get delayed every single time I buy a gun. First time, it took them 4 days to finally approve the sale. It's gotten quicker over time, the last sale, they called the store owner back while I was still in the store. I have never been denied, but it has been a pain in the butt.

Iraqi: "Is it true that only 13% of American kids can find Iraq on a map?"
    American reporter: "Yes, but all 13% are Marines"