In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

fear of themselves

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
Most anti-gun folks say that the sheer numbers of guns in the hands of we the people leads to the increased likelyhood of impulse killings,crimes of passion or road rage type violence.Why would they come to this conclusion when most gun owners view their weapons as a last resort defense rather than an offensive tool? It is because these self-proclaimed non-violent anti-firearms folks think it is 'only human' to react in a blind rage to an incidental slight. They can see themselves wanting to blow someone's head off after a bad day at work or an unusually rough day with the kids. It is not us that they fear,but the monster within themselves that they presume we all have.These are the people that buy a gun on Friday and 'go postal'on Monday.Then the rest of them point at that episode as further reason why we, who never murdered anyone, should be dis-armed.It is easier for them to villify us than it is to admit that they harbor murderous impulses and are in need of some serious psychological help.

Comments

• gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That was absolutely beautiful, big daddy. I suddenly feel as though I have a new enlightenment on liberals.

I try to see things more from their point of view, but I generally can't fit my head that far up my @$$.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Well put Big Daddy. Here is another part of their reasoning. Many of those left-wing, liberal limp wristed social engineers don't want the idea of being your own last line of self defense to become popular and accepted by society. If that were to happen those liberials are worried about how they would look if they just hid in the corner and wimpered insteaad of picking something up and defending their family. Larry

if they don't want us to have guns for self defense, what do they want us to have?
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are looking for an argument, you will not get one here.
    (We) Who have owned firearms for years and years, should be disarmed because one of them went nuts.
    You make a good point.

The gene pool needs chlorine.