In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Will the ban get another 10 years???

kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
Do you all think the ban will get renewed in '04? Kinda wondering if the NRA or GOA has anybody actively lobbying for its repeal or modification. I'm hoping they get some publicity campaigns going so that we can do away with that joke. Hasn't done a thing to lower crime, but we knew that for some time now.

Comments

• Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been trading ideas off and on for about a year with an informal "pro-sunset" group. We don't publish on the open internet because we don't want to reveal our selected tactics prematurely. Without giving anything away, the key fight is going to be in the House.

I personally believe that there is going to be some replacement of the ban, just what exactly it will involve is the question. I also believe that the details of the new ban will tell us in what direction our gun rights are headed. If we can roll back even a couple of things, that will indicate the tide has turned. On the other hand, if the new ban is even stricter, then we are still sliding down the slippery slope. Keep your eyes open and your powder dry.

BTW, don't forget that there are a lot of state bans that are either as tough as the federal ban or worse.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's what I know about these particular victim disarmament edicts. Should it make it to the president's office, it will NOT be vetoed. That said, if he does, he won't be getting my vote next term.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Almost everything will depend on who can maintain the highest and longest volume in the media spotlight. Nothing of value has ever come from any gun control law save the strengthening of those who oppose them.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As I understand it, the prez would like to see additions to the Klinton/Brady Viktim Disarmament Bill, including the addition of vertical foregrips, lasers, tactical flash lights, night sights, scopes of less than 4X power, and night vision optics as the "evil" features.

Can't live with'em, can't kill 'em.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    K. Joey. If you would actually join one of those organizations, such as the NRA or GOA, instead of sitting on the sidelines, then you would be kept current on what is happening about the gun ban problem instead of having to go around and ask questions.

if they don't want us to have guns for self defense, what do they want us to have?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I stay on top of the issues, I was taking a poll as opposed to the pole that you probably take on a nightly basis. * [}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kingjokey. Even the anti-gunners can be found to be "staying on top of the issues." Why don't you tear yourself away from your computer and spend a little time and money actually helping the gun rights movement. Although doing that is not as much fun as posting a stupid frowning face with the "*" attached. In all my postings I have never sunk so low as to do that. Hey, it that a "booger" hanging out of your nose?

if they don't want us to have guns for self defense, what do they want us to have?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whatever, troll. Poof clock's a'tickin....Oh, almost forgot

• Options
    edited November -1
    Kingjokey, look left, look right, and look behind you. Not that I claim to have any friends or supporters on this forum, but for the moment at least, you don't have your usual gang of idiots, losers, and bums behind you. Oh, and by the way, why don't you spell out LOUD AND CLEAR for all of us exactly what your "*" means? Or are you too cowardly to do that?

• Options
    edited November -1
    It means "good for you", isn't that right? Well, probably.

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TR fox In my term here I have never pointed a finger at anyone or judged anyone. KingJoey did in fact ask/raised a valid point

quote: Do you all think the ban will get renewed in '04? Kinda wondering if the NRA or GOA has anybody actively lobbying for its repeal or modification. I'm hoping they get some publicity campaigns going so that we can do away with that joke. Hasn't done a thing to lower crime, but we knew that for some time now.

Now your response to that question is:

quote:Kingjokey, look left, look right, and look behind you. Not that I claim to have any friends or supporters on this forum, but for the moment at least, you don't have your usual gang of idiots, losers, and bums behind you. Oh, and by the way, why don't you spell out LOUD AND CLEAR for all of us exactly what your "*" means? Or are you too cowardly to do that?

That almost sounds like a Clinton'esq response to me In this forum.

KingJoey

quote:*

Hold it for later. [8D] Now is not the time or place for this reply
    trust me-

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif

God Bless our Troops
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    You two should maybe take your personal disputes to Dr Phil.'He's there for us.' Ha Ha KJ the info I've recieved does not go into detail, but I think with the current number of pro-gun reps in office after the last election things look pretty good for the good guys. If we can keep the psycho's from shooting up schools and such for a few years we can really get back some lost ground. BDJr

my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I do not believe that anyone will rock the boat on this issue. There are too many other issues worth the battle. What ever is decided on or changed will not amount to a hill of beans. I say look for the same ol same ol. My 2 cents [8D]

Greg